cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

Internet channels missing end recordings

I know this has been covered in the past and i know there is no way round it but Boy is it annoying. Have only just subscribed to the extra Internet channels and already regretting doing so due to this problem. It is only happening on the Internet channels and i see from other posts there is no way round it other than recording the next programme which is of no use if you are doing series record .

Yet again last night watching a recording from TLC Totally engrossed in the programme and then stops missing the last minute of the show! Have had same thing on other channels [internet] . BT gave me a good deal on my TV package but what is the point if you can't enjoy it? Never had this problem with Sky.

I am not looking for answers as i don't think there are any but just wanted to highlight the issue so that BT perhaps take note.

Maybe it is a problem that lies with the humax box and not a BT issue? which wouldn't surprise me  as my humax freesat box has just died at 33 Months old! Again Sky may be on the expensive side but at least the system works.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

Re: Internet channels missing end recordings

Hi  -  I am in the same situation,  after having used Sky+ for years I got BT TV last month on the special offer.  Quite honestly the recording on the YouView+ box  ( on internet channels) is in the dark ages compared to Sky. The response time when using the remote control is slow and fiddley but bearable,  the recordings getting chopped and no proper fast forward/backward  issues aren't.

My first youview box was faulty and the engineer who replaced it told me that he was testing a beta version of the new software which he claimed was very different ( and greatly improved ) from the current version.

(Clutching at straws)  Does anyone know if this new version will fix the recording issues ??

PS  - I retired a few years back after working for BT for 30+ years.  In my long experience in BT ( engineering type work) they have a track record in releasing products that have problems but eventually getting it right.  Hopefully the YouView box will be the same.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

Thanks Robert I know there are many threads on here with the same issues , and i don't think there is a way round it. Of course when comparing with Sky i guess you need to take costs into consideration , i got a good deal with my TV from BT [£10.00 for max] if i wanted a similar package with Sky it would be almost £40.00 ! Still dosen't make it any less annoying though when you lose the last minute or so of a recording.

I have just remembered there is a very big update out soon for all Youview systems which will completely change the operating system and on screen visuals , similar i think to Sky new set up? So perhaps these issues will be addressed then , i certainly hope so as i do like Youview as a platform.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

@MitoMan wrote:

i see from other posts there is no way round it other than recording the next programme which is of no use if you are doing series record

Not of no use thought it does mean going through the EPG setting one-off timers for programmes following the series timers that have been set.  For example, I have done this for WSB on Eurosport 1 this weekend which so far has meant I have not missed a little bit of inconsequential end of race studio punditry.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Hi yes i think for now i will have to be more aware and perhaps record the next programme , will just hold out and hope the new update addresses this very annoying problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

Not a chance of that. If there one thing more stubborn than a mule it is Youview on this design issue.