cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Internet channels unwatchable

I have BT Infinity, and I get a steady 23mbps connection. This goes down to about 15mbps if I have one of the HD Internet channels on, so I know there is plenty of speed in reserve. However, the Internet channels are becoming unwatchable due to pixelation, stuttering and loss of sound. This does not just happen with the HD channels, the SD ones are affected too. Is it an easy process to get a replacement box sent out, or do I have to jump through lots of hoops first? The box itself is only a couple of months old, and had no problems at all for the first month or so of use.

Any help much appreciated! This is very frustrating as I'm sure you can imagine.
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Internet channels unwatchable

How is your box connected to the Homehub?  If you are using Powerline adapters try an ethernet cable to see if the problem goes away.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

It's connected using an ethernet cable, from the router direct to the youview box.
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 9

Try a reboot of your hub
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Hi, I tried that a few days ago. Switched off youview box at the mains, switched off router, left for a few minutes, switched router back on, waited until it was working, switched youview box back on. No joy 😞 Either my broadband isn't stable (although I have no problems when using my iPad), or there's a problem with the box.
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 9

Try another port on the hub.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Ok, will try that this evening when I get in from work.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Also, have you checked the Ethernet cable is working correctly and has no slight nicks or damage that may impair the performance?
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 9

Connect a laptop to the cable used for your YV box then run a speed test and general browsing see if you have any issues.

0 Ratings