cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Internet dropping out consecutively every night past 12 and in the day, line deteriorating?

Been with BT a while now and not had too many issues.
We are having 2 issues with the internet cutting out:
1. Peer to peer connections with high refresh rate of information being sent puts ping of the entire network (to local exchange) to 2000ms +
2. After 12 and sometimes now in the day there will be moments where the internet drops for 5-10 minutes a time, multiple times an hour, it started 2 weeks ago and has been getting worse. I have tried changing DNS servers to googles with no luck and I have tried 3 different routers with also no luck. 

I did a line test on 17070 and there is a tiny hiss but I have a feeling the phone contributes to this as it echos a lot of calls. 

I fear contacting BT in regular fashion would either resort to them sending another router, which is definately not the issuem or doing a line check in the middle of the day and seeing it works perfectly thus charging us for the engineers visit.

Not too sure what to do, not had this with Sky (Which I understand rents the same lines) who we were with for over 2 years.

Help would be greatly appreciated, I work from home and often late nights this does directly effect my work 😞 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Internet dropping out consecutively every night past 12 and in the day, line deteriorating?

Sky may use the same landline to the home but has its own BB & phone kit in the exchange & beyond.

Please post your full Home Hub router stats
Learn how from here Broadband Top Tips

Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Internet dropping out consecutively every night past 12 and in the day, line deteriorating?

Currently have my TPLink VR900 plugged in as it has given me the least hassle out of the HH3, 5 and smart hub. 

Screenshot 2017-09-14 at 05.08.17.png

Can plug in the old Smart hub and take a screenshot of that if needed, as far as I can tell, and in the day time - there is nothing wrong with the moment to moment usage (day hours) but purely under the cirumstances I mentioned the internet nose dives.

As of writing this it has dropped 5 times tonight, for about 10-15 mins each, a couple of the latest times I disconnected from BT and reconnected via the router dashboard and it reconnected instantly with full speeds, it's as if something interferes and the line needs to be refreshed. 

0 Ratings