cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Internet keeps dropping - but only on one computer

We've recently moved to BT and have Infinity and a Home Hub 5.

Everything is fine on my computer, but on another, which is 3 ft closer to the router than mine, the connection drops intermittently.  Sometimes it keeps connected for an hour or so, other times the connection drops every 10 mins.

I've checked settings on both computers, and they both seem to be the same.

The router is stable and doesn't keep losing connection.

BT have suggested I split the connection and shave ent me the details of how to do it - but it doesn't work, so I have been unable to do that.

Does anyone have any idea why the connection drops on one computer but not the other?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Internet keeps dropping - but only on one computer

Presumably you are using wireless connection?

If you are, have you checked that the wireless network card drivers on your computer are up to date. You  are best to use the the wireless card or computer manufacturer's website to check rather than using Windows which can be out of date.

To do that on a Windows computer go to Start > Control Panel > Device Manager > Network Adaptors > Click on it and scroll down to the Wireless Network Adaptor then double click on it. It will open a new box. Go to Driver and take a note of the make/number/date of the driver.

Once you have that do a search on the computer manufactures website for the latest drivers and if they are newer follow the manufacturer's instructions how to update them.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Internet keeps dropping - but only on one computer

also check power saving on the wireless card is turned off
0 Ratings