I signed up with BT Infinity in August. When it was first installed, my line was tested and I was told I would get 44mb download speed and 14mb upload speed.
A few weeks after, I noticed that the speed started dropping. I ignored it and thought it would go back up eventually.
However, after 2 months the speed I get is 24mb dowload and 6mb upload.
Also, my line keeps dropping every 10minutes. I have always had a problem (e.g. it would drop once every hour) but recently, it has been dropping constantly and it really starting to annoy me and my family.
We are using a wired connection and there is a filter on all active phone lines.
Please can you help me sort this problem out - I do not wish to pay £26 a month for an fibre optic package which doesn't work properly. It would be great if you could check my line or send an engineer to have a look at it?
I really don't want to switch service providers, but if this problem is not fixed then I will have no choice but to switch.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Why have you got a filter on each phone socket??? You should not need to with BT Infinity. Its to the main socket and thats it, nothing else. That might be an issue.
Thank you - I have unplugged the filter from the other lines - although, the problem is still there 😞
I have checked the phone and there is no noise on the line... strange 😞
thanks for your reply~
Might be a fault on your line, follow these steps to check!
1. Visit this link https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/secure/faults/tracking.do;jsessionid=2W59QB2TvDGLZST41KJS2T...
2. Make an account with your BT Account number, this is different to your forum account.
3. Once the account is created re-visit the link from instruction #1 and login
4. Now you want to click on "Check my line now"
5. You should see your telephone number in a box, make sure that box is ticked if not enter your number.
6. Click on "Check my line" once step 5 has been completed
7. Make sure the details are correct, select the most relavant problem to you. I find the most common is the top selection "I've removed all equipment...."
8. Finally, Click "Check my line" **MAKE SURE NO ONE IS USING THE PHONE** Once completed, post the results contact a mod if a fault is found.
Thank you for the help - I have carried out the test: -
|Results of line test|
Maybe a faulty Faceplate, you will need to contact the mods for further diagnostics into your problem.
Could you point in which direction to find these mods? Could I just email any of them?
Quick update: Internet disconnects every 10 minutes without fail.