cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

Internet poor - disconnects every 15 - 20 mins. Bt home hub 2.0

ive had sky broadband now for about a month now , the first 2 months i had it the connection couldnt have been better. 

perfect never let me down or disconnected. but for the past 10 months or so its been apauling!!! , every 15 - 20 mins or so it disconnects and doesnt reconnect , i have to reset the router to get it to connect again , which is really starting to do my head in as ive just got the new cod on my xbox and cannot play. i have spoken to bt on the phone , and they have took me through some steps and nothing has worked , they then set me up for a telephone appointment with a higher technition for the following day , and they never rang and got back to me . i said i wanted to cancel and move to another network provider but if i want to do that it will cost me £198 which is a joke seen as ive not even been using it but paying for the last 10 months. i really dont know what to do . has anybody got any advice or surgestions as im sick to death with it .

Much appriciated .

Matty.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

Re: Internet poor - disconnects every 15 - 20 mins. Bt home hub 2.0

ive had sky for about a year * not a month

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

sorry but do you have sky broadband or is it BT broadband (probably as using HH2)?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

Following from personal experience, sky boxes do cause problems because with the extensions they are on they can cause problems.  And in the way when I had sky to fix the issue was to get a filtered faceplate installed.  Another test would be to take the sky box out of the equation for 24 hours and see how stable your connection is...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

iam enginer for the bt openreach, try only applying the sky router into the master socket ie nte5 with other equipment on your line and also with the front plate disconected if the sync persists to keep dropping this would indicate a couple of things there could be a problem with router itself or you may have hr fault on your line which can cause this a hr fault is a high resistance fault iam not going to bother with the details of but if this the reason that is causing it then you will require a bb cse from openreach to locate it , hope this helpsSmiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

sorry with out your equipment plugged in
0 Ratings