cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nova
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 174

Re: Internet problems in Highlands?

I'm on the outskirts of Inverness and have been having a slow connection since last night also. I usually get a 1Meg connection and my IP profile has now dropped to 750k. When I can get on a speedtest site, i get around 0.2Meg for download but strangely I still get 0.3 or 0.35 for upload? Phoned the call centre - told them there was no issue with the internal wire etc. They ran a line test which came back with no issues and then they told me to wait 24 hours and call them if it had not improved.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
JMB
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 174

@Nova wrote:

I'm on the outskirts of Inverness and have been having a slow connection since last night also. I usually get a 1Meg connection and my IP profile has now dropped to 750k. When I can get on a speedtest site, i get around 0.2Meg for download but strangely I still get 0.3 or 0.35 for upload? Phoned the call centre - told them there was no issue with the internal wire etc. They ran a line test which came back with no issues and then they told me to wait 24 hours and call them if it had not improved.

You begin to wonder whether the call centre actually pass on the information to anyone and whether the technical people pass on anything to them!

"Try again in xx hours time" appears to be their answer to any problem.

Plusnet (not my ISP) have this

@"04/02/2011 @ 16:29

We have become aware of reports from customers who are experiencing reduced broadband speeds compared to normal."

MB

----
MB
----
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Nova
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 174

Yes - drives me mad - I dont have a fast connection at the best of times but I manage to do some surfing, play games online and have kids on xbox so when it drops off I need it fixed fast (just to keep the peace in the house)

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Shetlander
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 174

Be nice if a mod put in an appearance - would like to find out what on earth is going on. This is looking more and more like the problems back in October last year when BT wouldn't even acknowledge there was a problem for days before finally having to own up and admit it.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Buckie_Bhoy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 174

As I posted on other thread.

Connection Issues in Moray also, seemed to start around 9ish last night my usually rock solid 7meg connection (am around 500 - 600 metres from exchange) had dropped to 191k :smileymad: improved to about 220 this morning and has now jumped to a whopping 387

Was working from home and then started to wonder why I couldn't connect into my ssl vpn

Nothing showing yet on any of the status sites, but looks to be quite a widespread issue.

0 Ratings
Afroshin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 174

Fallen down to around 148Kbps, while I can appreciate that it's around peak time it seems to be getting a fair bit worse rather than showing any signs of improvement.

Just have to keep praying it sorts itself out >.<

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Shetlander
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 174

"Connection Issues in Moray also, seemed to start around 9ish last night"

Yep thats about when it started up here in Shetland as well. Still waiting for BT to acknowledge it and do something about it.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
MacTography
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 174

Drumnadrochit (Loch Ness) here. Same , last night around 9 ish speed dropped way off. Normally im getting 8.7 meg  but trying to download small file im getting like 56k speeds. Speedtest.net gives up its so slow and google tells me connection is so slow it disabled the instant search thing.

Doing a tracert was ok until it hit midlands strangley enough .

Hope its sorted for weekened at least.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
Shetlander
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 174

This is getting beyond a joke. I run a website which is an important community resource up here in Shetland and I can't update the site because the upload speed is so slow its timing out!! When is BT going to get this sorted??

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Shetlander
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 174

Getting worse not better. Download speed seriously degraded now as well:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1143084394.png

Tags (1)
0 Ratings