Message 61 of 174

Re: Internet problems in Highlands?

How much longer?

rbuckley79
Beginner
Message 62 of 174

Yes - how much longer?

Sean said nearly four hours ago that he had enough information and yet the status page still says nothing about this issue:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15036

0 Ratings
Afroshin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 63 of 174

Don't know if it will help much but I forgot to mention that while my download speeds are currently abominable my upload remains mostly unaffected, if it is then by a matter of 20-30 kbps.

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Shetlander
Aspiring Expert
Message 64 of 174

Its affecting the highlands & Islands, we don't matter to BT.......

Tags (6)
rbuckley79
Beginner
Message 65 of 174

Well the service status page has been updated... and it still shows nothing about this problem!

0 Ratings
rbuckley79
Beginner
Message 66 of 174

Does any customer matter to BT?
0 Ratings
Pinnball
Beginner
Message 67 of 174

Sean is probably banging his head against a wall somewhere trying to get through to anybody and making them understand that there is a problem.

The first post is exactly the same as what I send to BT Customer / Technical Help yesterday at 1 pm. Got a phone call from the Indian call centre about an hour ago regarding that. Wants to take me through the speed test, which comes back with 'error, try again later'. Gets me to go to other website to do test there; upload 4.16Mb or whatever, 'oh that's very good' he says. Download comes up with 0.19 Mb. 'Mb? That should come up as Kb, but if you calculate it that is good' (??!!) All the time I try to explain what is going on all over the Highlands and Islands, finally ask for his supervisor. He tells me the same and says there are no service outages. He asks how much I try to upload, I say file of 6Mb. 'Impossible' he says, despite the fact that I've been doing that for the last 3 years. I ask if he could go and read this forum. At some point I must have said 'looks like there is a service outage' and another time 'there was', because all of a sudden he starts lecturing me that there is a big difference between 'is' and 'was'. That's when I decided to finish the call.

Hope this rant makes sense, I'm not too technical and there is still some steam coming from my ears 🙂

0 Ratings
MacTography
Aspiring Contributor
Message 68 of 174

This is taking the **bleep** tbh. Sorry but i can handle BT working on it, i can handle bad CS etc but when they even REFUSE to aknowledge a major issue like this....

And low and behold anything south of Leeds gets instant status page mention. Sorry to sound bitter but when you pay as much as we do i think we have a right to some customer service.

Afroshin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 69 of 174

Mentioned my woes in a tweet and lo and behold BTCare appear to be following me and asked me to Tweet to them should I need assistance. Pointed them in the direction of this thread but if more people tweet about it the more attention we can possibly draw to the issue outwith the forums.

Tags (1)
Shetlander
Aspiring Expert
Message 70 of 174

Excellent idea. Have just ranted on Twitter.