cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Internet speeds inconsistent

Hi have been having major issues with internet speeds very recently after my net went down an engineer came out and fixed it after previous phone calls quite a lot might I add to Bt saying we were having issues.
Once he had been we had good speeds for about a week then suddenly every now and then ( peak times ) we would get rediculous speeds of between 1 and 7 megs.
We had a further engineer come out and tell us we were receiving 60 from the exchange to hub and he cannot explain what has been happening and left us at that ? Thanks Bt !
Doing research and reading the forum I've come across the subject of peak time strangle speeds and think this is happening to me on a daily basis now and is making the internet unusable and not the service I signed up for.
I've seen some of the mods on the forum help others in this situation can anyone help ?
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 9

Re: Internet speeds inconsistent

After peak times I get 45-47 meg on Bt infinity 2 thanks
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Welcome to this customer to customer forum.

Please can you please provide BT Wholesale speed test results for different times of the day, including the further diagnostics page?

These must be done using a computer connected to the home hub, using an Ethernet cable.

This is needed before a moderator can be asked to look at it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Thank you for the reply Keith, I'm currently at work but off tomorrow so will have a day to get three or four speed tests done at various times.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

If you could run the final test when the speed is slow, as its the last test that has its results stored on the server.

Can you also provide the name of the exchange you are connected to.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Thanks Keith will do this tomorrow will post results.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Hi Keith haven't managed to do the speed tests yet work commitments getting in the way prior to Christmas. The net has been holding up not good speeds but not so bad I cannot use it ( get home at non peak times I.e 23.00 ) but can I contact you as soon as possible with those speed tests in peak times ?

Much appreciated Gavin
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

I cannot help you, as I am just a customer.

You need to post the results of those tests here on this thread.

Once that is done, and the drop in peak time speed can be seen, then a moderator can be alerted, to look at the results, and take some action to resolve it with BT Wholesale.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Thank you appreciate the help
0 Ratings