cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Internet upgrade without new hub

Go to solution

Hi

I have an engineer appointment on Tuesday am to upgrade my internet from Fibre 1 to Fibre 100 with Halo 1. I currently have the old BT hub. 

I missed the delivery of my new BT hub yesterday. As tomorrow is a bank holiday, I can’t collect the new hub until Tuesday. The post office delivery office opens at the same time as the engineer is due. Would the engineer be able to set up Fibre 100 and I can use my old hub to work from home on Tuesday, before picking up my new hub and simply plugging it in on Wednesday? 
my alternative is to get to the delivery office for it opening, but if the engineer arrives in the first 15 mins of the appointment window I may not be back at my flat yet. 

thanks for your help

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Internet upgrade without new hub

Go to solution

I assume you are upgrading from VDSL to G.fast?  In which case you will need to use the new SH2 in order to get an internet connection as your old hub won't have a G.fast compatible modem in it.

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply. 

im not sure. Is there an easy way to find that out?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

You must have a small non standard letterbox as the hubs and packaging are designed to fit through a standard letterbox.

The engineer does not need the hub to complete the install. Go to the post office afterwards.