Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 37

Re: Intervleaving PLEASE switch it off

is there line noise which is causing a problem  try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and bets with a corded phone  if cordless then dull hum normal

what estimares do you get if you enter your phone number https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
James_lol
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 37

i did a quite test and im not sure if a little noise if normal its a corded phone to the filter, it sounds almost as if air or gas is leaking through it to give you some idea?

ADSL MaxUp to 5.5--4.5 to 6.5Available
Fixed Rate2 ----

Available

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 37

if you are connected to test socket with filter and try quiet line test with corded phone I would expect silence apart from the announcement

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
James_lol
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 37

i was connected to the test socket (unscrewed from faceplate) i have issues with my internal wiring which is another problem for another day

thank you

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 37

have you removed the bellwire from terminal 3 in all sockets? 

bellwire removal

imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 37

looking at the stats you posted your connection speed is better than the estimate and will get even better probably full 8mb when you get noise margin down to 6db

James_lol
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 37

OK, i took a photo (It's a mess) i seem to have more wires than in that guide. But back to the noise on my phone line is there anything that can be done?

thanks

http://s556.photobucket.com/user/bruzer_dog/media/bt.gif.html

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 37

If the noise is still at the test socket have you tried the quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 you should hear no noise if you can then it needs reporting to BT faults on 151 with no mention of broadband in the call

James_lol
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 37

I will Report it now, i have little faith in the tech team since they alsmost push me to the side when i mention interleaving to them its all about download speeds which i have little use for

thank you

0 Ratings
James_lol
Aspiring Expert
Message 30 of 37

they did a line test and found no faults

0 Ratings