Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 37

Re: Intervleaving PLEASE switch it off

if you can hear noise when trying quiet line test from test socket then you need to persevere with faults and get phone engineer to come and get rid of the noise then broadband will improve 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 37

did you call 151 and not mention broadband in the call
James_lol
Aspiring Expert
Message 33 of 37

i did call 151 they said they cant find a fault, its only a very dim hiss i can hear? or should it be completly dead silence? i have good hearing haha

thank you

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 37

There should be no hiss.  You can try a new filter and see if that helps as filters don't last forever

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
James_lol
Aspiring Expert
Message 35 of 37

yeah they said that but i tried another same slight hiss, old copper i guess?

thanks very much for your time guys

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 37

I would still post your stats if you can maintain a stable connection for 3+ days and get mods to reset your noise margin back to 6db and at same time switch to fast.  If there is a slight hiss then the DLM will switch you back to interleaving

James_lol
Aspiring Expert
Message 37 of 37

okay i'll do that, when i was on EE i'd get late 20 ping times to the 2nd hop on tracert now im getting mid 40s? its almost as if the ping has doubled

0 Ratings