cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager - Retired
Message 1 of 148

Introduce yourself!

Welcome to the community! 

Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself to the rest of the community on this thread.  Feel free to add a picture so others can put a face to the name. 🙂  This is me…

18i1B538BDD46858D20

I’ll kick off by letting you know that I have worked for BT for over 7 years and have a keen interest in social media.  I love using forums to solve problems and find it a much easier way to get answers.  I have recently taken up running and ran 10k in May this year.  I am trying to keep the motivation up to continue training for another 10k in October with the aim of beating my last time.  If there are any runners out there, please let me know when running changes from being difficult to becoming enjoyable – I’ve not hit that point yet!  My other interests include comedy – I love going to see live comedians and have recently seen Michael McIntyre and Kevin Bridges – both very funny guys. 

That’s enough about me now – I want to find out more about you guys, please post here and introduce yourself.

Cheers

Kerry

Retired BTCare Community Manager - StephanieG and SeanD are your new Community Managers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
147 REPLIES 147
b1an
Contributor
Message 2 of 148

Re: Introduce yourself!

going-green8.jpg Hi everyone, to follow Kerry's brave move, I thought I'd introduce myself too. My name is Bian Salins and have also worked for BT for 10 years now! I'm a journalist by background and a busy mum of two. Lover of all things chocolate, music (rock and soul mainly), travelling and social media of course! I used to work as managing editor for BT Tradespace (http://www.bttradespace.com) so if you run a business of any kind you may know me from there. These days I work with the BT Care team looking at how we can use our social media channels to offer you great customer service. I really look forward to learning more about our customers and hearing your feedback on how we can help you more. Take care. Smiley Happy B

0 Ratings
SArrow
Message 3 of 148

Hi Bian, Hi Kerry

My name is Sarah and I am a forum addict 🙂 and can be found in a few forums on the internet.

*waves* hello Bian, nice to see you here
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 148

Hi all,

David Moon

Nice to see you all. I'm one of your community mods, but don't let that put you off. I've been with BT for over 4 years now and been in social media of one form or another for the last 2 1/2. My main interest outside work is music. I love going to gigs espiacially rock shows and recently went to see Deep Purple in Belfast. As you might see from the pic Thin Lizzy are a passion for me but I'll listen to anything that has a tune, so long as it's original. Besides that I enjoy walking the dog and doing a bit of gardening. Hey ho!!

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Community Manager - Retired
Message 5 of 148

Hi Sarah

Nice to see you here! I know what you mean, forums can be very addictive... 🙂

@David - Love the pic 🙂

If anyone wants some info on how to add an image into your post - check out the Forum Help pages.

Cheers

Kerry

Retired BTCare Community Manager - StephanieG and SeanD are your new Community Managers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
EmmaF
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 148

Hi Everyone,

I'll be helping out on the community from time to time so thought I would say hi too, I'm Emma and I also work in the BTCare team, I am quite new to BT - it has been about 18 months now, I have spent most of that time with @BTCare on Twitter and YouTube. I don't need to post a photo as you can see me over on the BTCare YouTube channel 😉

My background is in science, all things lasers and chemistry and just like everyone else I am a social media addict!

0 Ratings
b1an
Contributor
Message 7 of 148

AAH! great to see you here Sarah.. Smiley Happy - be great if you can help us spread the word about our lounge to other BT customers. Hoping we can get to know our customers better... B

0 Ratings
b1an
Contributor
Message 8 of 148

Loving that pic Dave!! 🙂 It's great to see our mods taking the leap... B

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 148

Good to see a face to a name on these forums!

Unfortunately, i dont have a good picture of myself so i wont be able to opt in 😉

It seems everytime someone takes a picture, a frisby or a flash of light darts past obscuring my face making the photo useless!

Think of me an an anomaly like Chuffer Dandridge or Niles's wife from Fraiser, you know of me but cant see me 😉

CG

PS i look good in black and white!

CG Over An Out
0 Ratings
guargum
Message 10 of 148

hi this is guar gum from sydeny. I work for a drilling company.

guar gum (Galactomanan) is a high molecular weight carbohydrate polymer made up of a large number of mannose and galactose unit linked together. The crude Guar Gum is a grayish white powder 90% of which dissolves in water. It is non ionic polysaccharide based on the milled endosperm of the guar bean whose average composition is :
Hydrocolloid : 23%
Fats : 40%
Proteins : 34%
0 Ratings