cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 160

Re: Introducing Whole Home Wi-Fi

If you disconnect the WiFi on the home hub can you still connect to the home hub via the Whole home WiFi.
I have disconnected the 2.4g but hesitated on the 5g.
I only connect via wifi.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 32 of 160

Yes, there is no need for the WiFi on your hub, in fact it's best to disable it. If you really feel the need to leave some wifi switched on you are best leaving the 2.4Ghz band on as the 5Ghz will interfere due to the channel width required
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 160

Thanks for this. 2.4g was useless on my smarthub often allowing no connection without a reboot, but 5g always good.

Still will disable that now.
The Whole home WiFi gives slightly faster speeds than the smarthub even stood next to the hub and obviously greater range.
I use the ethernet link on two of the whole hubs as it gives better streaming for HD music from my NAS to my streamers.
So far I am impressed. The set up took minutes and the update worked flawlessly.
Early days though.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 34 of 160

I bought mine between Christmas and New Year and has given flawless service ever since. Very pleased with it
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 35 of 160

Can you purchase and add more disc's to the network if needed?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 160

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 37 of 160

Thanks for that, for anyone else looking for the answer on here, the link basically says you cant add extra discs at the moment! But apparently its coming soon (no confirmed date at the moment)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 38 of 160

Whole Home Wifi feature wishlist

I've put together my wishlist of features / fixes I would like the BT Whole Home Wifi system. I doubt these will ever happen but it would be a very nice addition to the BT devices in order to compete nicely with the features of other manufacturers.

1) Guest wifi - I have a number of freinds and family visiting. You generally dont want to give your friends access to your local network which may contain sensitive / personal information.

2) Internet schedule by device - this can only be done through your existing router if it has this ability

3) Allow the status light to have more levels of brightness. It is still too bright for a bedroom on the lowest setting which means you need to turn it completely off.

4) Internet pause, by device or group of devices e.g pause internet for selected group of devices such as Kids Tablets.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 39 of 160

Re: Whole Home Wifi feature wishlist

Does anyone know if Whole-Home WiFi as a product still being actively maintained by BT?  I haven't seen any firmware updates or app updates for months, which is surprising for a new product of this type. I'm happy with mine, but would like to know it's going to continue to be maintained with bugfixes, perhaps some new features, etc.  I really hope it hasn't been abandoned. 

- Mike

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 40 of 160

Re: Whole Home Wifi feature wishlist

Rest assured it hasn't been abandoned, it will be maintained for bugfixes and new features.

0 Ratings