Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 151 of 160

Re: Introducing Whole Home Wi-Fi

@Ym83 wrote:
After the latest firmware update, BTWHOLEHOME is disconnecting devices. My tv goes offline after 10 minutes , same as all android devices. Anyone having same issues or any solution please?

@Ym83 I'd suggest contacting the helpdesk at btconnectedhome@bt.com who will ask you to provide the system log files to look into this in more detail.

I'd suggest rebooting all of the discs with the power button and also a full system reset (of all discs) and reboot to see if this helps.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 152 of 160

OK a complete power down reset on all discs fixed it. All working well now thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 153 of 160

I’m running Whole Home WiFi firmware v1.02.03 build03 and have a separate DNS server that allows me to see what devices are doing on the network. I've noticed an excessive number of DNS queries being sent from the Whole Home disc that is directly connected to the router. It is issuing a DNS query for "localhost" every second and is doing this for IPv4 and IPv6 addresses (so two queries per second). In a matter of hours it has racked up tens of thousands of queries and is by far the most chatty device on the network.

Has anybody else noticed this or heard of a reason why it would be doing this, as if it’s by design it’s a bit excessive?! Although the bandwidth used is small, it is still using bandwidth and resources when it doesn’t need to, which is to the detriment of everything else.

This query was previously in a thread of its own, but Keith advised I'd be better off asking it here.

Regards,

Darren

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 154 of 160

@dazla wrote:

I’m running Whole Home WiFi firmware v1.02.03 build03 and have a separate DNS server that allows me to see what devices are doing on the network. I've noticed an excessive number of DNS queries being sent from the Whole Home disc that is directly connected to the router. It is issuing a DNS query for "localhost" every second and is doing this for IPv4 and IPv6 addresses (so two queries per second). In a matter of hours it has racked up tens of thousands of queries and is by far the most chatty device on the network.

Has anybody else noticed this or heard of a reason why it would be doing this, as if it’s by design it’s a bit excessive?! Although the bandwidth used is small, it is still using bandwidth and resources when it doesn’t need to, which is to the detriment of everything else.

This query was previously in a thread of its own, but Keith advised I'd be better off asking it here.

Regards,

Darren

@dazla

It is not by design - the discs do not use DNS to communicate with each other.

Are you using the app or web interface when you see this?

Are you certain the DNS queries are originating from the discs and not being forwarded from another device on your network?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 155 of 160

@Dan-O Screen shot of the dns server log is below. The hostname and IP address of the dns query originator is the Whole Home disc connected to the router via Ethernet.

0AF9401B-BFCA-4CA6-82AB-C26E1E0C4287.jpeg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 156 of 160

@dazla

Thanks - i'll look into it and get back to you. As you mentioned though DNS queries use extremely minimal bandwidth (a request and response combined is around 1KB) so shouldn't impact the performance of your network as the Ethernet link is unlikely to saturate until ~900Mbps usage.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 157 of 160

So I've had the whole home package working forum 3 months like a dream - there's a firmware update notification and everything broke. I reset all the three ovals and tried to reinstall them but with no luck. I have a bt hh5 and now when I try and connect to whole home it says no Internet connection even though the Internet is working. I've reset the router and rebooted the whole home disc many times but without luck. Grateful for any suggestions
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 158 of 160

Return them or trash them
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 159 of 160

Hi,

I have two Google Home devices - a full size "home" and "home mini".  All was fine with both on my BT WholeHome system until I upgraded to firmware v1.02.03 build03 on the BT WholeHome system.  Now both of the Google homes experience frequent drop outs on the network - Google home says it "can't connect".  I've moved both the Google homes around the house, but even when placed next to BT WholeHome disc, I get the same issue.

Connecting the Google Homes direct to my router wifi (i.e. not the BT WholeHome mesh network) solves the issue.  Any one else experiencing similar problems?

Anyone know how I can go back to the previous BT WholeHome firmware?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 160 of 160

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to everyone who has participated on this thread, it has grown considerably and there is some great information included.  I think however its probably a good idea that we now lock this thread.  This thread was intended to introduce the product and offer some information about it.

As more and more people are now using Whole home Wifi, and seeking advice on setup issues and problem solving, this thread is becoming a little confusing and a lot of the good information may be missed.

I would strongly recommend that if you are having problems with the Whole Home Wifi product please create a new thread.  This will allow other community members to offer support and advice.  We now also have a couple of device experts who will be around from time to time to answer questions.

Here is some links to other information that may help,

Read all about this exciting new product from BT from here, BT Whole Home Wi-Fi

If you have any questions please see here for more help, BT Whole Home Wi-Fi FAQs 

To download the Whole Home Wi-Fi app please see here, How can I download the Whole Home Wi-Fi app?

Thanks for all the contributions.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings