cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Invalid Username or Password

I have been logging into BT FON hotspot regularly in the Bicester area without any problems. However, when I tried to connect recently it reports that my Username or Password are not valid. I have been using the same Username & Password successfully prior to this. I logged onto BT FON to check my status using the same Username and Password and I was able to connect with out any problems.

Appreciate any help to try to resolve this.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Message 2 of 9

Re: Invalid Username or Password

Its a long shot, but I've found that the old abc@btopenworld.com no longer works, it has to be abc@btinternet.com these days.

Are you able to connect to the Fon part of your bandwidth on your home hub alright?

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for the quick response.

I use @btinternet.com. I did try @btopenworld.com but that didn't work either.

I have tried connecting to BT FON on my laptop but I only get limited or no connectivity when it connects.

How can I tell if the BT FON listed on my laptop under wireless connections is the one on my home hub?

Best Regards

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 9

@paulharrisn57 wrote:

How can I tell if the BT FON listed on my laptop under wireless connections is the one on my home hub?

Best Regards

I don't know if you can tell, though this may help you....

1) Navigate to Network and Sharing Centre, then select Manage Wireless Networks

2) If any BTFon or BTOpenzone SSIDs are saved in the list, right click on any and remove them

3) Try to connect to either SSID, if successful DON'T tick the 'save this network', but click close.

You may now be able to start up your browser, wait for the log in page to load and then sign in.

If you don't get the log in page, try to enter the address manually (copy this one) - https://www.btopenzone.com:8443/

Does it now work?

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

I'm having exactly the same problem.  Having signed up to BTFON after getting a new laptop everywhere I've been over the last week I've been unable to access either FON or Openzone.  Each time I try to log in all I get is the invalid username or password message ...

Tried the advice contained in this thread but no luck.  Annoying thing is my iPhone works perfectly well in the very same locations using the FON app and having registered with the same user information.  Really annoying.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

I AM GETTING THIS AND HAVE BEEN FOR OVER 24 HOURS -AT HOME ON MY HOME COMPUTER -DESKTOP . MY IPAD AND IPHONE .

I AM SICK OF IT AND AM WAITING FOR IMPORTANT EMAILS SENT TODAY -STILL NOT WORKING AND BEEN TRYING TO RESOLVE THIS SINCE 4PM TODAY !

WHAT A WASTE OF MY DAY AND EVENING -BEST ADVICE IS TO LEAVE BT !

I HAVE BEEN LIED TO TODAY FROM NEWCASTLE AS THEY TOLD ME THERE WAS A SERVER PROBLEM HERE IN LINCOLNSHIRE -TOTALLY UNTRUE AS MY NEIGHBOURS BT EMAILS ARE WORKING FINE !

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 9

As a test.

Just disconnected from my hubs SSID, connected to the BT Fon SSID, opened browser, had the log in page and currently posting from a BT Fon hotspot.

(using firefox6)

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

I can use BT FON from my home as a test too.  The issue I have is that I cannot log on anywhere else with my laptop.  I was in town earlier today and tried a BT Openzone spot which indicated the signal was excellent, laptop connected but the landing page wouldn't let me sign in.  I've come home and it works fine !  Pointless having FON at home - the hotspot is from my hub !!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 9

If its a BTOZ login, be sure to login as a BT BB customer, and not one of the other options.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings