Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MagsF
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Invalid username/email

Go to solution

Hi there,

I just went live on the 9th February with total broadband option 2, with pphone and vision.

My email account so far has not been set up. I had waited 24 hours to see if there was a magical time but no, so on 10th I contacted live chat and they said my order was still 'open' and he said that he had fixed that but it would take upto 48 hours to activate.... first time I have had to wait for an isp to activate an email separately to the service (which I am using at the moment). It is now m ore than 48 hours and still no recognition by the system.

Its not really the email thats the issue, but the fact that I cant download the security software as Im not recognised as a BT customer and then it asks me which package I would like to buy. More importantly for me because I travel a lot, I wanted to register for BT Openzone and FON, but it won't let me do that either. 

Any suggestions as to what to do now? I dont want to phone because the last time I phoned I was passed from one person to another and was on for about 1.5 hours. The online chat guys were nice enough and fast but the problem is still there.

What can I do now?

Thank for any suggestions 🙂

Mags

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Invalid username/email

Go to solution

Its only the 9th today, have you got a time machine?

0 Ratings
MagsF
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
Im sorry I have my dates wrong it was 6th.... and 7th this happened. Confused it with another email I was dealing with Apologies....
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

@MagsF wrote:
Im sorry I have my dates wrong it was 6th.... and 7th this happened. Confused it with another email I was dealing with Apologies....

I know the feeling, its easy to lose track of the days Smiley Wink

There is no quick fix I`m afraid. Even the forum moderators can take 3 or 4 days to deal with an issue.

There may be a reason why the order is stuck in the system awaiting closure. Maybe an outstanding task has not been completed.

Have you tried ringing BT on 0800 800 150 to see what is going on.

If you placed the order online, you should also be able to track its progress.

If you still are getting nowhere, then by all means contact the BT Care Team moderators using this form.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

MagsF
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

I didnt really want to phone because the last time I was on the phone for ages and passed from one to another.

That was before this order. The one is a reorder because my previous ISP refused the migration and BT cancelled the service which was supposed to go live in January and so it had to be reordered once I had clarified it with the other ISP. Anyway that is another story this order has a complete new order number and account number.

I will try the email form you linked for me, and thank you for your quick reply. Much appreciated 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

The forum moderators can take up to 3 working days, depending on how busy they are, and how quickly the problem can be fixed. But they are very good at sorting things out.

MagsF
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution
oh actually I have just looked at the tracking information for the first time since Monday and it does say there is a problem, and it is in progress but they will contact me if they have to. No one has so far so maybe I will wait another day or two, and see what happens.

Thanks for the help anyway 🙂
0 Ratings
MagsF
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Just as an update, I discovered that my phone is not active yet, but broadband and vision are. I have spoken on the phone and used live chat both of who told me to contact the order management team, and an email to the same effect.

However, all I get then is put through to order tracking which is automated and tells me that the order is in progess.

I was told that my order is still open for some reason and the obly people who can fix it are the order management team, that I cant seem to speak to.

0 Ratings
MagsF
Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution
I have contacted the moderators via the link you supplied. Hopefully they can shed some light on the matter.
0 Ratings
MagsF
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

I would just like to finish this thread by thanking David from teh Moderator Team for looking into this, phoning me and fixing the problem. Also I would like to thank Keith Beddoe for pointing me in the direction to get it solved, it was most appreciated.

I am now fully function with my service and the problem did not lie with BT but with my former ISP who had already agreed to release my phoneline, but didnt.

Thanks for all your help :)Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings