Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 31 of 114

Re: Ios11 mail

@chrisk1 wrote:

Same problem here.  If you delete account and then add again it does then download some emails for a short period before something kicks in to stop it.

I've tried POP3 and SMTP servers, both same problem.  I understand the way to solve it with a Yahoo account is to change a setting in yahoo mail on computer to allow access from external apps - I think the default safety setting stops restricts access. I can't find this setting in BT Mail settings.

Definitely a problem with BT, mods please help!?

Hi, welcome to the forums.

There is no setting in BTYahoo for POP & Forwarding, or indeed in vanilla Yahoo. Nor is there a setting to turn off pop/smtp access - there was a few years back with a "plus" type Yahoo account which allowed pop/smtp - whereas basic Yahoo didn't.

The problem sounds like a timeout issue in your case. If IMAP is used, and there are 100s or 1000s of emails, then it might be likely to cause slow downs. Maybe there's an indexing/synching issue with a lot of emails. However if there are only a few and this still happens, then something else is wrong.

0 Ratings
chrisk1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 114

Thanks for the reply.

I've been following this thread and done all the settings as per peoples recommendations.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8096858?start=15&tstart=0

As of approx 3pm this afternoon the emails have started coming through again (last stopped 6pm last night) and I haven't fiddled with any settings today.  However, this is typical and whether it works or not is very sporadic.

0 Ratings
Mortimer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 114

I am having the same issue. All was fine until fairly recently.

iPhone 6S with iOS 11.2.2

iPad 2 with iOS 9.3.5

I thought initially it might have been a problem with iOS 11 which was updated not all that long ago, but the old iPad 2 with iOS 9 also experiences the same problem albeit not as frequently.

Restarted the phone will fix the problem for ONE inbox reload.

Killing the Mail app from the task switcher might fix it for ONE inbox reload, but often have to try several times.

It is getting highly irritating, and didn't know it was happening until my father complained by phone that I didn't respond to an email he had send several days earlier.

I don't accept that BT can not look into this, it would appear clear that a significant number of iPhone users are experience similar problems that would warrent a closer inspection by BT if only to maintain good customer relations.

0 Ratings
spursman1
Contributor
Message 34 of 114

Thanks for replying. It is incredibly frustrating and I'm bitterly disappointed by the lack of response from BT.

0 Ratings
chrisk1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 114

Mine seems to refuse to download emails in the morning but works ok in the afternoon/evening...

I've not pinned it down to a time yet but the fact that it appears to be time related would suggest it was something that could be solved...

0 Ratings
spursman1
Contributor
Message 36 of 114

It's really bad now. iOS inbox has not yet synced with emails delivered last night. Come on BT!

0 Ratings
Mortimer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 114

I just had to force quit mail to refresh inbox. There was one new email, it took about 10 minutes to download to the phone. How big was it? 36KB!!
0 Ratings
Cappuccino24
Contributor
Message 38 of 114

Just came on here because of the exact same problem on my iphone. When I delete the account and re-install it it seems to work for a while, but then stops downloading them, annoyingly no error message but just says it's updated.

When I go to the browser on my phone I can see the emails. They are fine on my other devices and my other email accounts are fine on my iphone.

0 Ratings
spursman1
Contributor
Message 39 of 114

These comments provide more than sufficient evidence to demonstrate there is a problem at BT’s end.

Complete radio silence from the Mods. I would appreciate confirmation that this is being taken seriously and that a fix is being looked at as a matter of urgency.
0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 40 of 114

@spursman1 wrote:
These comments provide more than sufficient evidence to demonstrate there is a problem at BT’s end.

Complete radio silence from the Mods. I would appreciate confirmation that this is being taken seriously and that a fix is being looked at as a matter of urgency.

What would be interesting to find out, is if anyone reading these forums using iPhone Ios11 mail and have no problems. Also different users, some on BTYahoo, others on BTMail.

0 Ratings