Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spursman1
Contributor
Message 81 of 114

Re: Ios11 mail

Not working today.

Still no Mod response. I shall persevere until this is dealt with!
0 Ratings
chrisk1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 82 of 114

Me too!

Back to not working again for the morning.

Wonder how long this can be top of the forum list.

0 Ratings
spursman1
Contributor
Message 83 of 114

Not working again.

Still waiting for a Mod to reply!
0 Ratings
spursman1
Contributor
Message 84 of 114

To repeat what I said in one of my (many) previous messages, this is only exhibited with my main Btinternet email account. All sub accounts exhibit normal behaviour and deliver the messages to my iOS inbox.
0 Ratings
spursman1
Contributor
Message 85 of 114

Playing up again this morning.

Quick recap:-

1. Only happens with my primary BT email address;

2. Temporary solution is to login/logout several times via mail.yahoo.com, this seems to provide short-term relief and the iOS IMAP inbox syncs correctly. Usually for just a few hours. Therefore it can't be iOS related if logging in to the BT server causes a temporary sync correction

Mods - how many times do I need to ask for your assistance?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 86 of 114

As has already been pointed out, if your email is working via webmail it is very unlikely that the moderators or BT will assist you to get your email working via an email client even if you believe the fault is not with the email client.
0 Ratings
spursman1
Contributor
Message 87 of 114

Well I don’t think this is good enough and you don’t need to respond on their behalf. They should contribute and I await hearing from them.

This situation is unacceptable. I can’t even arrange a forward to a decent email service.
0 Ratings
Cappuccino24
Contributor
Message 88 of 114

I do think that seeing as Mail is the main email client for most Apple users it is a pretty big problem if it doesn't work properly.

mine is on and off, I have Outlook running as well just for my BT email as it seems more reliable, and Mail is fine for the other email accounts. As Mail works better e.g. with iCal appointments I would rather use that though.

It's just yet another thing that means I am no longer using my BT email for really important emails as one problem or another means either people's emails don't get through to me (rejected by server) or I don't see them in time. Maybe in time I will give up on it completely.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 89 of 114

@spursman1 wrote:

Well I don’t think this is good enough and you don’t need to respond on their behalf. They should contribute and I await hearing from them.

This situation is unacceptable. I can’t even arrange a forward to a decent email service.

In view of you stating that I should not respond I will do as you say and offer no further advice such as how you could get your email on another email service. 

I will bow out and have nothing further to do with your thread.

0 Ratings
spursman1
Contributor
Message 90 of 114

You misunderstood. I’m not saying you shouldn’t reply, nor contribute, just the Mods should come on here and reply. Why should it be for you to do their work? Let’s hear it from them.

Would very much welcome forwarding advice.
0 Ratings