Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 91 of 114

Re: Ios11 mail

This is a customer to customer forum which I am sure you will be aware means that customers try to help each other. If the members of the forum did not, as you have put it, "do their work", there would be no replies to customers seeking help or advice.

As regards your specific comment that the moderators should come on the thread and reply, they have replied to you in message 14.

I am not on BTYahoo so I cannot guarantee that this will work because I cannot test it on BTYahoo but it does work on a standard Yahoo email account.

You need to log onto your email account via webmail and go to settings which you will find if you click on the cog at the top right.

Click on settings and when the screen opens scroll down and select “Basic” then click save.

Once the new screen opens go to the drop down boxes at the top right next to your name.

Select “Options” then “go”

Under “Advance Options” on menu on the left select “POP and Forwarding”

Select “Forward to another Address” . Enter the email address that you want to forward your email to. Click “Save”

You can either elect to stay with the Basic interface or select the “new” view again.

If that does not work, depending on which email system you want to forward to, you could set that system up to “fetch” your email rather than have BTYahoo forwarding it.

This would in effect have your “new” email system act as an email client where you would access your BTYahoo email by either logging onto “new” email via webmail or if you have it set up on an email client you would be able to view both your “new” email system emails and those that were fetched by it.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 92 of 114

Unfortunately the POP and Forwarding option no longer exists on BTYahoo. I can confirm, however, that fetching is definitely possible with Gmail.

RobbieMac
Message 93 of 114

Hi Everyone,

I am very sorry for the problem you are experiencing.  

We have reported this issue to our email team for investigation.  As soon as we have something to share we will be back here to post.  Sorry for the delay in picking this up.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
spursman1
Contributor
Message 94 of 114

Thank you Robbie and I do appreciate that this will now be investigated.

GG - thanks re forwarding but sadly as someone else said this no longer works.
0 Ratings
Mortimer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 95 of 114

Mine seems better, and the only thing I can think of that might have made is a difference is this:

My inbox had quite a few unread emails, I had been busy. Last Friday I had some quiet time to sit and go through stuff. My wife had kindly decided to forward about 10 emails with loads of attached photos.

I decided to go through them all and get them downloaded to the phone, whilst it was being cooperative with BTYahoo. After I had loaded all attachments, the first thing I noticed that an inbox refresh was noticeably quicker, with the spinning wheel next to the network logo not constantly being there. I've had far fewer problems since then.

I'll keep you posted.
0 Ratings
Mortimer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 96 of 114

Still seems OK.
So I would recommend looking through inboxes for emails with large attachments (or possible large numbers of attachments) and try and download them or delete them.
0 Ratings
chrisk1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 97 of 114

I cleared my emails out and this hasn't helped.  I didn't have any large emails and only unread ones were spam.

Despite mine working for a couple of days solid last week, it hasn't downloaded an email to Apple Mail since Saturday tea-time now.  I'm using Outlook on the phone, which is clunky and slow.  Very frustrating.

0 Ratings
BritTelSufferer
Beginner
Message 98 of 114

I and my wife have been suffering from the same email problems as spurman1 and others. There seems to be no acknowledgment from BT that there is a problem. Most frustrating

0 Ratings
Message 99 of 114

Interesting comments, though.

I don’t use the iPhone, but it’s difficult on an Android mobile, if the mails contain large attachments, e.g. photos.

The mail initially downloads headers only, to save data, and hence user’s costs.

If you want the attachments it can take some time, if you are on a BT Wi-fi hotspot (or someone else’s house), and not a data connection.

0 Ratings
Cappuccino24
Contributor
Message 100 of 114

yes this is the same on an iphone, the attachments aren't downloaded with the email until you prompt it- so deleting attachments is unlikely to be a solution. It may be that something was refreshed at the same time.

Basically, it's unlikely to be anything to do with settings etc on our phones, unless something has recently been added with the latest iOS. I have been using Mail for several years now and have not changed anything, and this issue has only been happening the last couple of weeks.

0 Ratings