cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 114

Re: Ios11 mail

@Andy_N wrote:

@spursman1 wrote:
These comments provide more than sufficient evidence to demonstrate there is a problem at BT’s end.

Complete radio silence from the Mods. I would appreciate confirmation that this is being taken seriously and that a fix is being looked at as a matter of urgency.

What would be interesting to find out, is if anyone reading these forums using iPhone Ios11 mail and have no problems. Also different users, some on BTYahoo, others on BTMail.

I have no problems with the iPad on BT Mail, to date.

Note that the latest iOS version is 11.2.5, as of this day.

This latest update contains fixes, as reported, which include email. There’s no specific mention of downloading mails though, but a hint of upload problems to be resolved,

Note that I use iPad, not iPhone.

Supposedly it clarifies battery issues, which I think is the main “clarification”.

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 114

0 Ratings
Shopaholic1
Beginner
Message 43 of 114

I’ve been having a similar problem. I can pick up emails on my ipad2 if I use a vpn with WiFi and mh iPhone6 will synchs emails if I am using cellular data but on both devices I cannot revieve emails on WiFi yet can log into bt mail and see all my emails. I know it’s not a settings or device issue and don’t have the problem with other email accounts just BT.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 44 of 114

This is a long shot but could you try a reset of your Smarthub/Homehub or if possible try leaving it switched off for about 30 mins to see if when it reconnects it might connect to a different email server. 

0 Ratings
Cappuccino24
Contributor
Message 45 of 114

Fingers crossed mine seems ok today after re-installing the account again this morning.

0 Ratings
Mortimer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 46 of 114

I've reinstalled my email account into my iPhone several times. It only seems OK for a while. No longer than rebooting the phone or force-quitting mail and restarting it.

I see the problem whether I'm using cellular data or at home on my BT HH.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 47 of 114

Have any of the users with this problem tried using a different email app rather than the stock Apple one or Outlook email app?

0 Ratings
Cappuccino24
Contributor
Message 48 of 114

I only use the Apple Mail app, if it happens again I could look for others to check. It works ok in the browser though.

When I have the problem it also is whether I'm on wifi at home, elsewhere or on 4G out and about.

0 Ratings
Cappuccino24
Contributor
Message 49 of 114

I spoke too soon- it's stopped showing new emails for about 2 hours now.

I've downloaded the Outlook app and this initially showed all my recent emails but now I have one new one and that isn't downloading there either.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 50 of 114

I was hoping somebody would try an email app other than the stock one and the Outlook one because they seem to be the two email app that everybody is having a problem with.

0 Ratings