cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Ip profile dropped 10mbps

My ip profile has been 70.85 since May and all of a sudden the last few days it has dropped to 60 mbps,I originally started on 76 mbps which changed after a few days when it settled to 70.85 and has been fine since may and now it has dropped another 10mbps,something is not right here,can support please look into this.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Ip profile dropped 10mbps

Hi all you can do now is wait until the DLM see your line as stable and it will start to increase your IP profile you will now need to leave the connection abalone for about 2weeks
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Maybe but why has it dropped 10mb when i haven't had any power outages ? Strange im seeing other posts who are complaining they've lost 10mb also,care to comment bt?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 4 of 7

@Adrian100 wrote:
Maybe but why has it dropped 10mb when i haven't had any power outages ? Strange im seeing other posts who are complaining they've lost 10mb also,care to comment bt?

Simple really, it's the bad wheather. Just like you, my Profile has dropped due to the recent wheather conditions increasing noise and the amount of errors on the line. Once the wheather clears, after a week or 2 your line will rise the IP Profile.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Line noise may have also increased due to longer hours of darkness and assorted electrical appliances now being turned on central heating systems can start causing problems
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

After my install in June my Profile settled at 63.52 and remained stable till 19 Sept when for no reason it dropped to 53.27. On reading forum I assume there must have been noise etc to make it unstable.

It has been steady at 53.27 till today, just over a month, and it has returned to 62.66.

Does this mean the DLM actually works despite many negative comments on here about it?. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

yes the DLM does work and once it sees the line as stable it will release the IP Profile and increase your speed the important part is the cause of the problem has to be resolved before the process starts and in many cases it is just a matter of patience others need intervention just as the old ADSL service did
0 Ratings