Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 48

Re: Ip profile,,,please,please,help

Go to solution

from the last posts it looks like you are having problems maintaining connection as your connection speed keeps changing - unless you have been resetting for some reason.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Darren
Contributor
Message 12 of 48

Go to solution

Thanks for your post Imjolly,I have not lost connection and no resets done,I use a billion 7800n router which gives me the option to adjust my snr,it has been stable at around 6-7db,but when i saw my sync that low and snr increase I adjusted it to get it back to around 6db,this then re-synced the router to the exchange and pushed my sync back up,the ip profile will not move,its stuck at 13000kbps,it was previously set at 18000kbps and i wa achieving around 16-17meg,I only live 400 meters from exchange and everything is hardwired to master and i have even had extensions removed by engineer and ntes socket fitted,,,its simply something that BT are doing or have done to this line via the exchange

\Thanks   

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 48

Go to solution
Hi Darren you say you have reset your snr what have you set it to the default should be 6db if you are trying to go lower than that it is most likely the reason for your re syncs and speed reductions and the reason you are having profile issues
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 48

Go to solution
Hi again how long ago did you resync you router as you will need 3/5 days stable connection before your ip profile will rise if the resync was resent you are not stuck it is a matter of waiting for the profile to rise every time you resync your connection counts as a disconnection
0 Ratings
Darren
Contributor
Message 15 of 48

Go to solution

Thanks for reply.I have reset the snr only once today because of the sync speed reduction,to get it back down to between 6-7 and it did push the sync back up,i have it set so that it is no lower than 6db

please see below

Parameters
DSP Firmware VersionA2pB025f.d22k
DMT StatusNo Defect
Operational ModeADSL2+
Upstream864
Downstream16809
SNR Margin(Upstream)18.8
SNR Margin(Downstream)7.1
Line Attenuation(Upstream)10.4
Line Attenuation(Downstream
0 Ratings
Darren
Contributor
Message 16 of 48

Go to solution

Hi John,the ip profile was still stuck after 4 days with no re-sync,it was still 13000kbps today,only did the snr re-sync today,the profile is not moving ever,they have done 2 snr resets for me over last 6 weeks and it still does not move

its so frustrating

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 48

Go to solution

does adjusting the noise margin not cause a resync hence why the speed changes and is probably the reason your profile is not moving.  If I make SNR change with netgear then that cause a resync at that time as system tries to adjust to the change.  be surprised if your was any different

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 48

Go to solution
ok i still strongly believe you are having disconnections with out realising they are happening i would suggest monitoring your router stats for disconnections a reset of profile can take up to 5 days
Darren
Contributor
Message 19 of 48

Go to solution

yes it does cause a re-sync and i will now have to wait again to see if the ip profile will go up,however over the last 2 months it has not moved past 13000kbps with no disconnections or re-syncs,so something is not correct,as i was getting a hgher speed previously

thanks for your post  

0 Ratings
Darren
Contributor
Message 20 of 48

Go to solution

Jun 19 05:42:25  user  kernel: Line 0: ADSL G.992 channel analysis  Jun 19 05:42:31  user  kernel: Line 0: ADSL G.992 message exchange  Jun 19 05:42:31  user  kernel: Line 0: ADSL link up, Path 0, us=864, ds=17170  Jun 19 05:42:33  daemon  pppd[458]: Clear IP addresses.  Connection DOWN.   Jun 19 05:42:33  daemon  pppd[458]: Clear IP addresses.   Jun 19 05:42:33  daemon  pppd[458]: Couldn't increase MTU to 1500.  Jun 19 05:42:39  daemon  pppd[458]: Connection terminated.  Jun 19 05:42:39  daemon  pppd[458]: Connect time 136.4 minutes.  Jun 19 05:42:39  daemon  pppd[458]: Sent 3759 bytes, received 15852 bytes.  Jun 19 05:42:39  user  kernel: dev_shutdown, dec ppp device refcnt, dev->refcnt=3  Jun 19 05:42:39  user  kernel: unregister_netdevice: waiting for ppp_0_0_38_1 to become free. Usage count = -1

0 Ratings