cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 1

Ipad Email outgoing settings help needed (URGENT!)

Hi,

I wonder if you can help me. I'm currently at my Grandparents and have realised that I am completely unable to send emails from my Talk Talk email accounts. I had previously resigned myself to suffering this fate with this talk talk email as it didn't work at home either but I recently found out the plusnet relay settings so am using it again. Now, my Grandparents where I'm staying have BT it it doesn't send.

So, I have gone into my Granddad's account to had my email aprroved and verified, and have set up the following server settings under other SMTP servers;

Host Name- Mail.btinternet.com

User name- MY GRANDDAD'S EMAIL 

Password- His password

SSL on

Authentication= password

Port= 465

And turned this new server on, yet when I go to send something it tells me the receipents email was rejected by the server an it is placed in the outbox. I must be doing something wrong- please help! Bt's help is no help as it tells me to call an expensive line!

Thanks,

-S Bullock

P.S. If I set this up correctly, would this mean that when I am attatched to lets say my Uncles BT internet I would still be able to send emails using my Granddad's verified account?

0 Ratings