cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 26

Ipad not updating mail

I have my Bt Yahoo mail set up on both my Mac and my ipad, and both have been working well for years.  Yesterday afternoon the mail on my ipad stopped updating for no apparent reason.  I tried deleting the account on my ipad and resetting it up, but to no avail.  Now it just says 'update yesterday'.  Has anybody experienced a similar issue and fixed it?

Thanks

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Message 2 of 26

Re: Ipad not updating mail

I have the same problem. Emails stopped updating on my iPad at 1238 yesterday and have not updated since. Could still see my BTopenworld emails on my iPhone which stopped updating about 30 mins ago. Can only access my emails through Bt.com.

What is going on?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 26

I had a email from BT this morning saying it's not a BT problem. However I think it is but now one knows how to solve it . More people are having the same problem , time
BT sorted this out. It's only on my iPhone , switched to Yahoo which works ok.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 26

Nice to know that I am not the only one, thanks for letting me know.  Given our shared experience I am not clear how it can be anything other than some type of initiated BT problem.  I have sent them an email to seek their advice.  Stay tuned.  If any body else has had the same experience or, even better, has a solution, great to hear from you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 26

The emails on my phone normally come back on after a couple of days. My settings are all the same on my iPad and iPod touch and Mac . They work fine I also have my wife's email on my iPhone which is ok. So why mine email has stopped working as it should is a mystery .
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 26

Well as I had just said it would come back on .
It just has . So BT point out not there problem.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 26

Yes, mine has now come back on too.  Some body must have clicked a switch at BT.  Hopefully they leave it alone now!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 26

Both mine and my husband's email stopped automatically pushing emails yesterday afternoon on both iphone and ipad, despite neither of us changing settings. Our accounts are apparently still on Yahoo servers. I spent ages on the phone with BT Tech (UK based) this morning, to no avail. All they could tell me was that their test iPad and iPhone was working OK, so the problem can't be at their end and to take my device to Apple. I have tried various things, icluding deleting accounts and reinstalling them, but to no avail. I have even set up one device to receive email through yahoo settings and the other as a manual add account with the BTinternet settings, but still no difference. The fact that it's happening on 4 different devices and two different BT email addresses, must mean the issue is BT, not Apple. Hopefully BT will realise that now more than just me and my husband are having this issue, then maybe the problem is at their end. Very frustrated now...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 26

I would leave it for a couple of days and it should come back on it has happened to me every 3 week since Xmas. I just add my account under Yahoo until it comes back on.
BT say it is not there problem but more people are now having this problem. Please post on here if come back after a couple of days. About time BT looked further into this so the more that reported the problem the better.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 26

I have a different variant of this.  Both iPad mini and iPhone were working fine.  Then sometime yesterday, I think, the iPhone stopped receiving any mail from my BTYahoo account (others are fine), whether Push or Fetch.  Meanwhile the iPad continues to work well.  (As my daughter might say, is that even possible?)  So far as I can judge both have the same settings, same version of iOS etc.  Reinstalled the BTYahoo account on the iPhone but no change: it just doesn't update, though I can send mail from it with no problem.

I don't suppose anyone has any advice but to wait for the mysteries of BTYahoo to unfold?

0 Ratings