cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
weemax
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Is BT sport free or not?

I've been a BT customer for many years. I used to have infinity and watched BT sports for free. Then BT started charging £5 to watch sports, so I cancelled the sports an moved to broadband instead of infinity, reducing my bill further.

I've looked into the sports once again as BT are getting a lot of matches.

However. I find it extremely confusing.

One help page states:

How to get BT Sport with BT
Did you know BT TV customers get BT Sport for free? Yep, get access to all the amazing sport we have to offer free with BT TV.
If you have a Sky set-top box and BT Broadband you can join in the action for just £6 month.
If you've got BT Broadband you can get access to the BT Sport App and online player for just £5 a month.

Now what I don't understand is if it is free, why is it £6 & £5?

When I go to BT Sport On my account it says:

Your BT ID is correct but you don't have BT Sport on your account.

Have you got BT Broadband? BT Sport is FREE, but you need to activate BT Sport before you can log in to the online player. Activate now.

Have you ordered BT Sport in the last hour? It could take up to an hour for us to update our records, please bear with us.

So, is BT Sports free, or is it not? Also... if I do activate BT sports will I be entered in to any additional 12/18 month contract or infact any new type of contract? 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
ney
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Is BT sport free or not?

As far as I know the full BT Sport package is now only free if you also have BT TV.

Darren

0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

I believe if you are a BB customer it is free to your computer or mobile device. If you want it on your TV then you need either the BT TV box or you can, or at least could, cast it from your mobile device through Chromecast.

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

@cooperman wrote:

I believe if you are a BB customer it is free to your computer or mobile device. If you want it on your TV then you need either the BT TV box or you can, or at least could, cast it from your mobile device through Chromecast.

No it's only free with BTTV.

0 Ratings
ruth554422
Expert
Message 5 of 6

Also Chromecast from the app don't work unless you have BT TV. Reason its £6 is there was a price increase in July I believe. You have to have BT TV to get free BT sport which in all likelihood would mean a upgrade to infinitely broadband.

If you don't mind watching on a computer phone or tablet the chepest way is to just pay £6 for the app.
0 Ratings
Tymo76
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

I thought if you had broadband and subscribed to the BT sports app then Chromecast is included. I don't think you need BT TV to have the Chromecast option.
0 Ratings