Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 14

Is UHD box worth getting?

Go to solution

Had Youview for a few years now and still on the original box [srolling orange screen type] I do have a 4k TV but don't watch any sports , as my TV /BB / LINE are all due this Month should i be looking at getting the new UHD box?

I can get BT Ifinity now but have not changed over yet but thinking of getting Infinty 1 which i know is not fast enough for uhd, Infinty 2 is way too expensive for my use. I am quite happy with my old box and the picture quality on it, how is the hd picture on the new box? have heared it's a bit soft?

Are there any issues with the 4k boxes? I don't sub to any tv package but thinking of taking one out when i renew possibly Total at £13.00 with free sports [i do like WSB / MOTORSPORTS] , is Sport just free for the first year?

Sorry so many questions !  Thanks. 

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 14

Re: Is UHD box worth getting?

Go to solution
I've had mine when they first came out, its a great little box, UHD picture is amazing and you also get the extra storage too.
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Have just noticed that this box is having issues with Samsung 4k tv so don't know what to do now. Technology !

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution
It doesn't matter whether you order Infinity 1 or 2.

To be able to order the UHD TV package your line must have a FTTC A Clean estimate minimum of at least 44Mbps. Even if you have just Infinity 1 then the BT TV will still make use of the available extra line speed when necessary.
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

How do i know if line is compatable with what you say? are you saying that infinity 1 would work with a UHD box. Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Great tv, when used with Amazon Prime and netflix in 4K. There does seem to be an issue with the UHD Box and some Samsung TVs, mine included !

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

OK thanks looks  like i may be best leaving uhd for now due to tha Samsung issue [i have js8500].  Technology !  i have just spent 2 days getting an All in one remote to work with my Youview box!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution
Enter your phone number in this checker.
https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If the FTTC Clean A range lower figure is at least 44Mbps then you can order the UHD BT TV package and receive the UHD box.

Yes others have reported ordering it while on Infinity 1.
In contrast some on Infinity 2 with a lower estimate under 44Mbps could not order it.
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Have tried the link you gave me site is down at moment due to maintenance will keep an eye on it and try later. However still holding back due to the Samsung conflict with the UHD box, might be best to leave till next year. Don't watch much sport and that's all there is in 4k my reason for getting the box was to future proof my set up. Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

Just checked the link you gave me and it gave me reading of / FTTC A 56.3 HIGH 43.5 LOW

FTTC B  42.5 HIGH  25 LOW

Is this of any help to you ? Thanks

0 Ratings