cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Is getting BT broadband completely impossible or is it just me?

Morning,

I am looking for some kind of help as I am failing miserably to get BT broadband and have been without any broadband since 19th as apparently cutting you off is easier than providing broadband??

I was an O2 customer but through the BT systems not O2s. I decided to swap as I was paying slightly more for the same thing and wanted to get a better deal. I am begining to wish I hadnt as apparently one half of BT hasnt got a clue what the other is doing. I have been failing to get this order sorted successfully since 6th January. The initial connection date ended up being 19th January...

O2 did make a mistake and left a flag on the line (although as this is on BTs system why they cannot remove this I dont know). A second MAC code was issued and the new connection date was yesterday (24th Jan). I called to advise that it wasnt connected in the evening and was told to wait until midnight as it would be done then.... guess what no connection. Apparently they have not got the MAC code. I feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall... does anyone have any suggestions as nobody seems capable of sorting this out...

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Is getting BT broadband completely impossible or is it just me?

It just gets better... we have now had to argue that we dont need a new line/number... seriously?!? BT provided the broadband that O2 billed me for.... useless!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Bt Wholesale provided the broadband that O2 provided to you.  You are now dealing with BT retail. These although part of the overall BT group are totally independent a per Ofcom ruling.  That way your records with O2 are private and not available to BT retail.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Fair enough and thanks for the clarification...

it still doesnt explain why they have failed to connect my broadband since 19th January and are now advising I will be without broadband until next monday at the earliest or why they thought we need a new line/number to get broadband... there appears to be a case of the different departments not talking to one another... and no consistent way to contact BT and deal with an issue

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 5 of 5

Hi unhappy_customer

I'll be happy to have a look at your orders and see whats going.  I should be able to get things back on track for you once I get a look at whats happening,

Could you drop me in an email please with your BT account and telephone number along with a link back to this thread.

Just send to the email address in my profile and mark FAO Craig please.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings