cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 2

Is it just me?

Pure frustration has led me to you all and I hope someone can allay my fears that I am going mad! We have a homehub BT Infinity package, with four laptops connecting wirelessly. Three laptops are connecting to the internet and running slowly but steadily, no major complaint from anyone. My laptop is about six months old, has Windows 10 installed and I am ready to throw it out of any window! I can only liken its internet behaviour to water pouring out of a hosepipe, with someone putting their finger over the end, interupting the flow at random, from no flow at all to a stuttering flow with ocasional small bursts of full jet wash! Twice I have returned it to the retailer, it has been returned as no problem detected when connected to their internet, so must be a BT home hub problem. A BT speed test produced a, too slow to give reading result, whilst speednet gave me readings between 14-18. A long session with BT today led to me being sent details of tech support. When asked, I was told my homehub speed was 68, which I know is good. i have run scans on my laptop and a connectivity problem was highlighted, but i don't know what this means. I am told by people, BTinfinity is seemingly working as is my laptop, but it's not! Any thoughts as to where I turn next would be much appreciated.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Is it just me?

have you tried

have you turned of smart setup  

Turn Off smart setup

have you split the networks   

Split the networks

you can try downloading inssider3 (istumbler if MAC) and then run it. This will show the broadcasting networks round about you and their channels including your own. If you then enter your router and change your wireless channel to a free or less congested channel.

inssider3.1.2.1

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.