cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sparkyBri
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Is it worth wasting an engineers time?? homehub faulty!?!

i think this is mainley for the mods

when i renewd my bt broadband contract the operater said i dont need new equippent as i have a hh2 from my last 12mts contract, i said yeah thats fine as i dont like to change things that are not broken but i do have a small technical probem and could you put me thru to tech after i have renewd this contract. I spoke with tech and i told them my problem as i get no internet when the hub as been left on for some time it requires a manual restart as if its locked up, the tech support guy said its a faulty hub i said can i send mine back for repair he said because i have just renewed my order is still open and cannot send me one out i missed the guys call back the next day and phoned tech support back and they said the problem is within my telephone exchage and i would need an engneers visit to prove hub is at fault as i have just started working till 8pm on a night and the latest appointment they do is 6pm i was getting a little mad and asked to cancel however they wanna charge me £130 to cancel with no cooling off period i told them its the homehub at fault but they dont beleave me and said its not worth my job to send you a new router and i need an engineers visit to prove its faulty. however i have a borrowed netgear router on the past 4days or so and its been fine so far, so the point im getting at is there anyway i can send my hh2 for a repair or will i still need a visit??

Thanks Brian

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Is it worth wasting an engineers time?? homehub faulty!?!

I would phone uk sales 08007830056 and explain you just renewed your contract and expected to receive a new hub (HH2 or HH3 whichever you decide) and it has not arrived yet - what's happening as your existing HH2 is locking upor not keeping your connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
sparkyBri
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Is it worth wasting an engineers time?? homehub faulty!?!

thank you for your reply and info, they have given me a number to contact to try and reslove it so here's hoping i just missed them because they closed at 8pm 😞

once again thanks for the info

Brian

0 Ratings