Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sightsee
Message 1 of 4

Is my BB capped ?

Go to solution

Hi there

Firstly I have one of those telephone green boxes literally by my house door step, and the exchange is down the road and to the left (maybe 500-800m away).  I ran the test for my phone number and I got:-

Your DSL Connection Rate :19388 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 828 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 17000 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 8.1:25.27:66.62 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.

Wondering why my IP profile is 17000Kbs when it should really be 20000Kbs? as I apparently have a 20m line now?

Please inform me what that means as Im not great with network tech etc. Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Is my BB capped ?

Go to solution

The profile is usually a bit lower than the sync speed and you have the correct profile for the speed. To get the full 20000 you need to sync at 22688 or above.

There is a table of profiles on the kitz site.

Sightsee
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hmm thanks for that info, its a shame my IP Profile isnt 18000 😞 Oh well still better than what it was.

0 Ratings
Gaz187
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I would pay £100 pcm for that speed,of course Bt throttle connections they have traffic shaped for years.

Would a mod like to explain over subscribed exchanges just to grab money and let loyal customers suffer terrible speeds because of this..

0 Ratings