cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GraemeTate
Message 1 of 2

Is my IP Profile capping my broadband speed?

Go to solution

Hi

I've had BT broadband for around 9 months and the first 6 of those months I was regularly getting speeds of 6.5Mb but for the last 3 months I have never got anything more than 1.82Mb, in fact it is always 1.82Mb/0.34Mb every single time I test it no matter the time of day (12 tests over 3 months and always exactly the same).

Anyway I eventually got around to disconnecting everything and plugging the router into the master phone socket behind the first phone point. I plugged the computer in using an ethernet cable and tested the line on 4 different sites. Exactly the same results from all of them (within 0.1Mb of the value I always get).

I then did the speedtester.bt.com test

Download speed achieved during the test was - 1816 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 400-2000 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :8128 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 2000 Kbps

The homehub3 connection settings are

Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:7 days, 00:36:25
Downstream:7.938 Mbps
Upstream:448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up):9.0 dB / 26.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):23.8 dB / 12.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up):19.9 dBm / 12.2 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):0 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):1216 / 6
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):1052 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):1810 / 59

From looking on these message boards I also so something about the Noise Margin (with 9 being high). The homehub is always left on the 7 day connection is just from when I did those above linespeed tests last week.

The only possible thing I can think of is that I went over my 10GB download limit a couple of times, but I paid my £5 for the extra 5GB and looked on it as pay-as-you-go after the first 10GB.

Any help on what the problem is would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Is my IP Profile capping my broadband speed?

Go to solution

your profile is stuck at 2000 should be 7150   contact the mods to get it fixed  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

can take 3 days for mods to contact you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings