cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcotttingham
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Is my refund being blocked by accounts department since 2014?

Go to solution

In august 2014 at the end of my 12 month contract I terminated my phone and broadband services with BT and moved to Plusnet phone and broadband but for a further 5 months BT continued to debit my account for phone and broadband even through the line was supplied by Plusnet and I was paying them.

This means I was wrongly charge a total of £137 for line rental and broadband I wasn't using before I managed to get them to stop the direct debits.

I was told I would have to wait until my final bill the apply for a refund, which I did when the final bill finally came sometime in early 2015.

I have since spoke to BT customer services on 3 different occasions (most recently 18th January 2016) and have always been promised that there will be a cheque in the post in a few weeks but it never arrives!

The only thing I can think is that someone with more authority is blocking the customer services representatives request for my refund for some reason and then not telling me!

How can I get my refund that I have been waiting for for over 2 years! and been promised on 4 separate occasions? 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Is my refund being blocked by accounts department since 2014?

Go to solution

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to five working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @jcotttingham,

I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @jcotttingham,

This one was a little tricky due to the accout being closed edited by mod Smiley Embarassed. I've got those charges removed for you now leaving a £0.00 credit balance so it's all sorted.

My mistake @jcotttingham Smiley Embarassed. I'll look into this first thing again tomorrow.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
jcotttingham
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
??? Are you sure you commented on the right post? I have never had a premium mail account and the over charges where for Broadband and line rental and I'm not wanting the balance to be zero I want BT to give me back the money they wrongly took from my bank account over 2 years ago.
0 Ratings