cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: Is my sync speed inappropriately capped?

licquorice,

Whilst I agree with you for about 99% of situations, when you consider video streaming and IPTV there are some use cases in some households where an extra, say, 7Mb/s would be material. Especially when you consider that Netflix at 4K is approx 25Mb/s and BTTV's HD streams are about 8.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 15

Target SNRM for DLM is being reduced from 6dB to 3dB in the near future, there are also rumours of a less stringent DLM being employed also. Hopefully the changes may invoke a DLM reset for your line.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 15

Only line that are deemed "green" will be eligble for a reduction in target SNR. Lines which have previously been banded will not as far as I know. Only lines which remain on a true "open band" (0.128-80.00meg) will be considered for a reduction.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Highlighted
Guru
Message 14 of 15

@licquorice wrote:

Target SNRM for DLM is being reduced from 6dB to 3dB in the near future, there are also rumours of a less stringent DLM being employed also. Hopefully the changes may invoke a DLM reset for your line.

Perhaps ... but my own opinion is that only green connections will see the 3db margin, because they can still be stabilised if they go gangster, with the levels of interleave and G.INP presently catered for. I think that if they tried to do it with amber connections that prove troublesome to stabilise now there wouldn't be sufficient scope in error correction to make it worthwhile, it may exacerbate the problems. And even if the algorithms are relaxed as such, there's no way BT will support vast amounts of corrupted data on the backhaul otherwise what's the point if you see where I'm coming from ... (IMO)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 15

Totally agree about the 3dB, but I'm hopeful that there may be some degree of relenting with banded lines that are effectively in limbo and could be released.

0 Ratings