cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Is the BT HH4 DLNA compliant?

I have just moved to BT Broadband from O2/Sky where all my DLNA devices were visible on my home network just fine.

I can no longer see any of my DLNA devices (TV's PVR's NAS) over WiFi since installing the BT HH4 and reconfiguring all the devices to use it.

I can not get any sense from the BT "non-technical non-experts" in Asia, they simply do not understand the technology!!!

They say they are Broadband executives, not home networking executives... eh!

They just want me to sign up for the Fee Based TECH Experts in the UK.

I'm damned if I'm going to pay just to find out if the HH4 is DLNA compliant and if so how to configure it!!!

A simple Yes, or No answer will do and if No do BT plan on fixing this DLNA issue?

I have seen other posts relating to this issue, but never any answers?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Is the BT HH4 DLNA compliant?

I have had same problem since moving from Orange hub of 12 years old and also found it frustrating that BT tech experts no nothing about the DLNA setup. Chap I spoke to did not even know what a Blu Ray recorder was! Eventually spoke to BT cancellations dept who told me to contact Panasonic to confirm problem was not with the audio equipment. Panasonic have confirmed not audio equipment problem and said it mud be Hub4 problem. They advises checking firmware version of hub to see if up to date and if up to date to get BT to confirm whether this issue is to be resolved with firmware update in future. I am very aggrieved, as I guess you are too, that we spend money on good technology and a brand new hub does not support this.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

I have exactly the same issue since switching to BT and using HH4.
When will BT listen to customers and realise there is an issue with the hub and DLNA?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Have you got UPnP switched on and, if you have, is Extended UPnp Security switched off ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Both were on
I switched the extended UPnP off, no joy
Then tried with both off, still the same.
0 Ratings