Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 15

Is there a future for Broadband Talk?

Go to solution

I've just read that the BT Home Hub 3 isn't compatible with any of the BT Hub Phones and doesn't support BT Broadband Talk.

I like the features of BBTalk and I like the Hub Phones, but I don't like dialling out on a different number than I expect people to call me on, so I use my BBTalk number as my primary number.

If it's going to be phased out, then this will be a serious nuisance.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
JC712
Beginner
Message 2 of 15

Re: Is there a future for Broadband Talk?

Go to solution

I'm extremely angry and gobsmacked that BT is going to phase out the BT Broadband Talk service. I have three BT Hub Phones, which I got specifically so I could use it with the BT Home Hub 2.0.

Now BT, without any notification or reason why they are doing so, are going to phase out the one service for which I have any use for my BT Hub Phones and have removed DECT support from their newest Home Hub!

I cannot understand why they are doing so. Very soon, I will have three BT Hub Phones which will be utterly useless as I cannot make calls through them.

Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution
Only if you change to H H 3 or infinity other wise
The service continues new customers also do not have the option of the service
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

So if your HH2 breaks down do/can we get a similar replacement? Are they continuing to make the Home Hub 2 and Hub Phones, or just the Home Hub 3? If the latter then what is BT's timescale for phasing out Broadband Talk?

minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

I see that back in December KerryG posted confirming that BBTalk won't be offered to new customers. Could a moderator please tell us what the plan is for existing BB Talk customers. Please!

0 Ratings
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

I just clicked on the Find out more link of the Broadband Talk Softphone section from the Broadband Talk configuration page and you get a Page not found message. 😞

I get it that new customers don't get BBTalk but I want qualification of the statement "If you ordered before this date you can still continue to use your Broadband Talk service."

Mods? Please!

0 Ratings
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

I guess the lack of response from BT means that BBTalk has at best an uncertain future and more realistically, as customers can't get the service going forward, no future at all. So those of us that have invested in Hub Phones will at some point have to replace them with traditional phones. And I guess we'll lose our "extra" phone number at some point too.

It's unfortunate that since moving I've only let people know my BBTalk number, not my landline number. Oh well, when I'm forced to lose the number I'll take it as encouragement to change provider. Talk Talk have an LLU service in my area...

0 Ratings
JC712
Beginner
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

I've said it before and I'll say it again. BT sold BT Hub Phones as part of a "everything under one Hub" message. I have 3 BT Hub Phones which I got as part of that message, and they've decided to abandon all support for it.

Shows how little commmitment they have to their own message and customers.

0 Ratings
snak3uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

Riiight.

So they're axing the ONE thing which has made me stay with BT (even, stupidly, recontract for another 12 months back in november).

I was looking forward to 21CN for the Ripon exchange from 31/05/2011 - that's now been axed too, according to samknows and the btwholesale checker.

Can I do BT for breach of contract? Seriously those are the only two features which have kept me with bt instead of a certain dish company (who offer adsl2+ on my exchange) - and they've unilaterally cancelled them.

0 Ratings
chrisupyonder
Beginner
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

I don't have any BT hub phones, I just plugged a dect base station into the BT home hub 2 phone socket on the back. I would hate to lose this second line as I find it very usefull.

0 Ratings