cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aaaaaaaa1966
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 36

Re: Is there a simple way to keep an iPhone 6 connected to BT superfast broadband?

Go to solution

Yes all is fine outside of the house in cafes etc.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 36

Re: Is there a simple way to keep an iPhone 6 connected to BT superfast broadband?

Go to solution

@aaaaaaaa1966 wrote:

Is that the same as smart set up ? If so its always been off during my trials and tribulations

No

0 Ratings
aaaaaaaa1966
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 36

Go to solution

Checked and smart wireless is off already

0 Ratings
aaaaaaaa1966
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 36

Go to solution

Thanks for all the input and suggestions which are appreciated. I have been unable to maintain a connection on my Iphone 

So in answer to the original question "Is there a simple way to keep an iPhone 6 connected to BT superfast broadband?" after 4 pages of this thread I think I can conclude the answer is "No"

0 Ratings
Poppy7
Contributor
Message 35 of 36

Go to solution

I did see another suggestion somewhere, not on this thread. Will try and hunt it down. Something to do with channels.😊

0 Ratings
adie1
Contributor
Message 36 of 36

Go to solution

i have the same problem with an iphone 5s, a 6s plus and a iphone 7, they drop off the wifi connection after a while and its a problem that apple are aware of, its not a problem with the hub.

one way i have found that stops the phones dropping off the wifi network and attempting to run via mobile data is to switch wifi assist off. to do this

on the home screen tap settings, tap mobile data, scroll down and switch off wifi assist.

i have found this keeps the phones connected to wifi for longer.

hope this may be of some help to you.

0 Ratings