cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

Is there anyway to change the amount of Wireless Bandwidth given to a certain device from the HH3??

I think I know what the answer is but here goes:-

Is there anyway to change the amount of Wireless Bandwidth given to a certain device from the HH3??

The reason why I ask is, that I have a number of devices that connect to my wireless connection and for some reason my Apple TV only connects at 65Mbps thus making it virtually impossible to stream videos to it. (videos are choppy on it)

When I look in the 'Home Network' section on the HH3, it shows that my Apple TV has connected at 65 Mbps - the device has a 'N' network adaptor built-in, so in theory it should connect at a faster speed.

Is there anyway that I can increase the connection speed for this device - my laptop connects at 144 Mbps....

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Is there anyway to change the amount of Wireless Bandwidth given to a certain device from the HH

I would hazard a guess that your slow speed is simply down to poor signal strength. The system generally connects at the fastest speed it can, given the signal strength and the capabilities of the wireless devices at each end. 65Mbps would normally be more than enough to stream video. But on a poor connection, the actual rate achievable may be considerably less.
0 Ratings
Sage
Message 3 of 4

Re: Is there anyway to change the amount of Wireless Bandwidth given to a certain device from the HH

The system can and will connect at the fastest available speed BUT if other wieless devices are also connected this will lower the bandwidth available.

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

@ady199 wrote:

I think I know what the answer is but here goes:-

The reason why I ask is, that I have a number of devices that connect to my wireless connection and for some reason my Apple TV only connects at 65Mbps thus making it virtually impossible to stream videos to it. (videos are choppy on it)

When I look in the 'Home Network' section on the HH3, it shows that my Apple TV has connected at 65 Mbps - the device has a 'N' network adaptor built-in, so in theory it should connect at a faster speed.

Is there anyway that I can increase the connection speed for this device - my laptop connects at 144 Mbps....

Hi there,

First off, what I would suggest is that you download either inssider 2 if you're on a PC or istumbler if you're using a Mac and check for other wireless networks around you that could be causing interference and change to a less congested channel, if need be. 🙂

If the above doesn't help, then I'd suggest that you look into replacing your router with another one, which has QOS such as the Netgear WNDR3700 which has Dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz 802.11n) so that you can prioritise bandwidth for your different pieces of kit. 🙂

I Hope this info helps. 😄

** Edited to correct typos **

0 Ratings