cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vrun
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Is there no way to find out when Cabinet 80 in E14 Isle of Dogs will be upgraded? FTTC

Go to solution

Hello!

About three years ago BT sent out leaflets to all locals at E14 9FP to register their interest in Fibre-optic upgrade for our area. So we all filled them in and where happy to wait. Now POPLAR Exchange has been Fibre enabled for a long time and most Poplar area cabinets have been upgraded (including my other property at E14 6BH that now has Infinity installed). I live in heavy populated area E14 9FP Baltimore Wharf and our Cabinet 80 is still not upgraded. When I e-mailed Openreach about this they sent me a generic copy pasted e-mail that stated lines for their FAQ page that I read before even sending them e-mail in first place and obviously FAQ didn't have any answers for my area because it is generic for ALL UK LOCATIONS. Basicaly they ignored us and did not provide any answers. Also their e-mail said that they will not reply again.

So I'm writing here to try and get some answers to what is actually happening? Is Cabinet 80 under review? Is BT waiting for permission from council? Is it even in plans to upgrade it at all?

We as a community what a solid answer. Even if it is a "No upgrade for you" answer. Then at least we can make peace with it and explore other options(mobile or sottilite internet providers, etc.)

Thank you for your time!

I hope to hear from BT support on this topic soon.

P.S. I also checked at www.btwholesale.com with their Broadband Availability checker and there is no information regarding any plans or dates. Just saying... in case someone whanted to advise me to check there. I tried ALL options available online and over the phone. NO ONE could help me get to the bottom of this.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
vrun
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: Is there no way to find out when Cabinet 80 in E14 Isle of Dogs will be upgraded? FTTC

Go to solution

Also can someone tell me who I can call to talk about this issue. Because as I said previously I didn't get any help from Openreach because they don't talk to end customers like me and only talk to providers. Well my provider is BT and I can't find a department or a person that can help me with this issue.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Re: Is there no way to find out when Cabinet 80 in E14 Isle of Dogs will be upgraded? FTTC

Go to solution

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum.

The placing and commissioning of cabinets is done by Openreach and is outwith the control of the ISPs. There are many reasons why a cabinet is not upgraded and the only people who will be able to answer that question is Openreach.

I am surprised that they did not give you more information when you emailed them, unless of course at that time they may not have known what if any problems they may have with upgrading your cabinet.

Email Openreach on nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk giving them your cabinet number, exchange,telephone number and address and they should be able to reply with the up to date information. They can take a couple of weeks to reply.

If you as a community don't get an answer from Openreach you may wish to ask your MP about it as this often helps get answers if not necessarily cabinets upgraded.

0 Ratings
vrun
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
I see. Thank you for your reply. I'll try e-mailing them again and we'll go to MP if it fails.
Your advice helped.
Thank you again!:)
0 Ratings
Pcw204
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Hi, I just saw your thread, me as well live in the Baltimore wharf. Is the cabinet 80 has been upgraded or not? Any progress from the openreach since now? Thanks.
0 Ratings