cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
893 Views
Message 1 of 12

Is this a failure to get the HUB6 update?

03:07:16, 07 Dec. ppp1:TR69 ConnectionRequest Failed 03:07:16, 07 Dec. ppp1:TR69 ConnectionRequest: processing request from ACS Happens each night. Where can I download and then install this firmware/software update please?
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
881 Views
Message 2 of 12

Re: Is this a failure to get the HUB6 update?

You can't. Updates to the BT hubs are an automated process and can not be done manually by the user.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
876 Views
Message 3 of 12

Re: Is this a failure to get the HUB6 update?


@gg30340 wrote:

You can't. Updates to the BT hubs are an automated process and can not be done manually by the user.


Shame that, so the message I quoted arn't the hub update?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
869 Views
Message 4 of 12

Re: Is this a failure to get the HUB6 update?

To save repeating everything have a look at message 7 of this thread.

 

https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-Devices-Other/TR069-Connection-Request-Failed/td-p/1675314

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
849 Views
Message 5 of 12

Re: Is this a failure to get the HUB6 update?

Thanks, not really uderstand it but shows not only one not getting updated and leaves me thinking must be a poor system and not only an updated needed to the hubs but an update on BT computer systems.

We got so used to updates for our programs and computers these days.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
758 Views
Message 6 of 12

Re: Is this a failure to get the HUB6 update?

If you wish to rely on substandard cheap ISP supplied equipment then you can't really complain.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
749 Views
Message 7 of 12

Re: Is this a failure to get the HUB6 update?


@pippincp wrote:

If you wish to rely on substandard cheap ISP supplied equipment then you can't really complain.


So it's the Hubs fault that BT can't update the Hub automatically.

 

I've never had an ISPs router that did not do its job like you are saying it is.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
741 Views
Message 8 of 12

Re: Is this a failure to get the HUB6 update?

You might want to try one factory reset of the hub.  That might allow the update to succeed next time it's pushed.  BT are not alone in issuing limited capability routers, Virgin's Super Hubs are abysmal and Sky's also have functions you would expect in a router missing.  Best bet is get your own and then you have complete control.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
732 Views
Message 9 of 12

Re: Is this a failure to get the HUB6 update?


@Liam_ wrote:

You might want to try one factory reset of the hub.  That might allow the update to succeed next time it's pushed.  BT are not alone in issuing limited capability routers, Virgin's Super Hubs are abysmal and Sky's also have functions you would expect in a router missing.  Best bet is get your own and then you have complete control.


At this stage doing nothing with the Hub, no resets, no turning off, no nothing as my fault is still open on loosing connection and dropping speed.

I will of course try your recommendation if I get no more problems after several days use after I was put on a redundant copper line from a neighbour who has gone to Virgin Media.

Regarding equipment since being put on fibre by Sky who bought my custom and others from the best adsl supplier Be I have had of course Sky hub, Plusnet router used with OR modem, Sky again and now BT.  None of the others had problems for me.  Virgin is a complete different system and not reliant on OR as all the others.

I'm not going to buy my own.

When I close the open fault I might think of giving the others I mentioned I have a go after research here and any necessary questions to establish if any speed gains might follow.

 

I mentioned Be their router/system had settings that I could alter the basic 8 Mps to 14 Mps.  Was with them many years but sadly they were bought by O2 who sold their broadband customers to Sky.   As I was registered with Be to have FTTC I was down to be one of the first when they were to offer a FTTC product Sky gave me a good deal on Sky Pro FTTC.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
729 Views
Message 10 of 12

Re: Is this a failure to get the HUB6 update?


@dnpark38 wrote:

@pippincp wrote:

If you wish to rely on substandard cheap ISP supplied equipment then you can't really complain.


So it's the Hubs fault that BT can't update the Hub automatically.

 

I've never had an ISPs router that did not do its job like you are saying it is.


Contractually all an ISP needs to do is supply the service and a means to connect to it, they have given you that.

Anything else is an extra.

 

If you want full control of your router then buy your own just like most internet savvy users do. Prices start from £30, it depends what your needs are.

0 Ratings