Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
simondup
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Is this a infinity cabinet ?

Hi,

Eagerly waiting for fttc in West London. I know where my current cab is but was wondering if this was a fibre one ? (its about 15M from my current cab).

Thankscab

Simon

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Is this a infinity cabinet ?

It may be, I read somewhere that they've changed the cabinet designs for some area. Most have a peaked roof.

The face it has vents leads to thing it's not a regular PSTN cabinet. Are there any signs of the pavement being dug up between the 2 cabinets where they would have been connected to one another?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 13

It certainly looks like a new fibre cabinet, but it is not one of the larger ones.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 13

Yes I'd agree it does look like a baby Fibre Cabinet.... 

In This POST there is a picture of a slightly larger "baby" fibre cabinet. (Note the peaked roof as Webby mentioned).

Can you see on old/original (PCP) telephone cabinet nearby? That will be the one with a number painted on it and would be the one associated with the Fibre cabinet.

15 meters... 45 Feet away I suppose could be it's twin... I missed that bit in your post.

Openreach details on exchange upgrades http://www.openreach-communications.co.uk/superfast/where-and-when/

When your exchange is done it's a matter of keep checking on https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

Or the BT Infinity site http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=29017&s_cid=con_FURL_...

If you can enter your telephone number as this is the way to get the most accurate result.

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Paul1360
Expert
Message 5 of 13

have a look here

http://www.robertos.me.uk/

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

Looks like a huawei one without the pitched roof, looking promising.

Mine on the other hand looks nothing like those on that website. Mines quite tall and skinny looking one like this: 

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
General_Zod
Contributor
Message 7 of 13

It is one, yes.

All of my estate is enabled and they all look exactly like that cab, yards from the old cabs.

I can guarantee you 100% that is an Infinity cab.
0 Ratings
Paul1360
Expert
Message 8 of 13

My FTTC cab is not on there either but as a rule the site gives people a genearl idea what to look for.
iechyd da
0 Ratings
simondup
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Thanks for your replies. I live in a conservation area so managed to find the planning permission doc's last night on the council website.

I am connected to the Hammersmith exchange which went live beginning of Jan 2012. Funny thing is if I do a post code search for properties connected to cabinets connected to that exchange (thanks to pcp spreadsheet) none of them are ready and all still have the 31 March so I am wondering if the exchange is really live ?

0 Ratings
Paul1360
Expert
Message 10 of 13

The exchange could very well be live and the cabs et al to do with Fibre outside are being commissioned which takes time. Post code checks only give you a general idea, phone number is your best option, also try our ISP's if there are any maybe they have a bit more information.

iechyd da

0 Ratings