Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Is this for real ?

Go to solution

On the 7th Feb I had an email purpporting to be from bt retail migration, very amerturish with poor logos and addressed to Undisclosed recipients:.

this is part of it ;

Hello,

This is to let you know we've upgraded your local telephone exchange, so you should now have a more reliable broadband connection. Where possible, we've also increased your speed.

Your line needs time to settle down

It might take up to ten days because the network's finding the best possible speed for your line. You can help it along by leaving your BT Home Hub on and using your broadband as much as you can during this time.

What's happened to my service?

We switched off your broadband and phone services for a few minutes. These should've restarted automatically when we finished the upgrade. But if your broadband isn't working, try turning your BT Home Hub off and on again.

Well after a couple of years of semi reliable downspeed of 1500 kbps, its now dropped to 800 Kbps.

I rang the 0800 number , but to be frank could not understand the person on the other end.

I followed the telephone line (easy as it lies on the verge ) and the junction is yet again exposed to the weather, the plastic bag over it has been destroyed by the weather. Having been through this and getting told off for replacing the plastic bag I have left it alone .

I know I am at the furthest point from the exchange and there is no prospect of fibre.

I give up.

Ps dont mention satelite system , tried it

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Is this for real ?

Go to solution
looks normal migration email

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Ok thanks , its that it looked so amateurish in its presentation ie badly pixelated logos , a slide show , no I didnt click on it !

I shal wait and see if the line speed improves, I have donated a bin liner to the exposed junction Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Enter your phone number and post results.  Remember delete number. https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Lonmay cabinet3

lonmay cab 3.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

as you can see your exchange now has adsl2 available but due to your distance from the exchange it is goung to make little difference to your down speed if any but it should make a difference to your up speed - maybe as much as 100% faster

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks ,up speed has always been 400 kbs , time will tell .

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

adslmax up speed is standard at 448kbps but with adsl2 somewhere about 800/900kbps is normal

0 Ratings