cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FunkMaster
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Is this good or bad?

I've been a BT Customer for about 6 years now ... just got my Home Hub 3, to replace my 2.0 Hub.

I've been having some need to reboot the hub for the past month, due to it just not being connected to the Broadband, this happened to the old HH2 and happens now and then to the HH3 too (notice the Connection time being only like just over an hour - cause I needed a reboot.

I noticed a lot of people post this screen, so here it is ... just wanted to find out if anything bad/good stands out!

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 01:37:58
Downstream:4.898 Mbps
Upstream:1.09 Mbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.3 Annex A
Latency type:Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up):8.8 dB / 6.4 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):40.1 dB / 21.4 dB
Output power (Down/Up):19.1 dBm / 12.4 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):0 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):28 / 33
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):32 / 8
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):26 / 1
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Is this good or bad?

resets are one of worst things for your broadband and in particular a few resets in a short space of time.

your noise margin of 8.8 is above normal 6 and your connection speed for 40 attenuation could be 9mb.

are you connected to the master or test socket?  do you have other sockets apart from the master?

is the router disconnecting or only due to maual resets?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
FunkMaster
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Hi there,

So it's connected to the master socket, it has one of those accelerator face plate things fitted too. It's also connected using a new filter that I received in the box, when I got the new HH3.

So quite often, I notice my PC's loose the connection to the wireless, so on the last instance, rather reset straight away, I waited a while and they didn't reconnect. So I took the laptop and hard wired it to the hub, using the network cable and rebooted my PC, it still wouldn't connect.

So I gave it the reset and everything came back up again, within 5 minutes.

Does that answer the questions / give you more insight?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
FunkMaster
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Oh yes, there are also other sockets in the house, with nothing connected to them
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

have you tried connecting to the test socket (with a filter) which is behind the bottom detachable half of the master socket. this is your direct connection to the exchange

have you removed the orange bellwire on terminal 3 from all your sockets?  http://www.filesaveas.com/jarviser/index.html

I know accelerator should do this but removal also works

if wireless is dropping you can try downloading inssider2 (istumbler if MAC) and then run it. This will show the broadcasting networks round about you and their channels including your own. If you then enter your router and change your wireless channel to a free or less congested channel.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
FunkMaster
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Thanks, let me go and try all the things you've mentioned and will keep you posted!
0 Ratings
FunkMaster
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

So I grabbed that SSID thing you mentioned, pretty cool tool

Here is a screenshot of the output:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17/screenshot000104.jpg/

I am not sure what the BTFON / BTOpenZone stuff is, if that is being transmitted by my Hub or coming from somewhere else.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

I think they are from you  - signal strength is good

0 Ratings