cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TeleOp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Is this level of service normal?

New to the forums but wanted to outline my tale of woe!

Had to wait three weeks for an engineer to come and move the infinity and phone socket. He was polite and moved sockets as requested. He left and I had 62 mb speed so I was happy. 2 hours or so after he left I lost connection. I tried all the online steps and nothing happened. I eventually got hold of someone in a call centre and was told there was an exchange issue and it would all be sorted at midnight. Midnight ..... no connection.

The next day after being hung up on once I eventually got hold of someone at the call centre who said that the problem was my end! I now have to wait for another engineer who will be there on Monday ! A 5 day wait after the original visit. Cannot get one sooner as o was told they are on holiday!

Asked to register a complaint. Did this and then got a call from another person who said they would investigate and ring back ..... they didn't!

If this is not sorted, I think that after years of loyalty, I will go to virgin.

Is this level of service normal?
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
angrybird2
Beginner
Message 2 of 14

Re: Is this level of service normal?

Hi,  I think this IS the normal level of service from BT.   I have recently had, and am still having,  a deplorable experience trying to switch our landline & Broadband services to BT.   You may ask why we are bothering, but living 'out in the sticks' we unfortunately have little option if we want any decent broadband speed. (This may turn out to be a myth anyway!).   Since placing our order 8 weeks ago we have had errors, delays and little help from anyone at BT.   Our current status is that the broadband connection date has been moved to 'Unknown'!  We've had 3 date changes so far.   

I truely despair that such a large company can be so routinely and consistently bad in their treatment of customers. You only have to look at other forums to see the same experiences over and over again.   

We are on the verge of deciding to live with our pitiful current broadband offering (weak and unreliable) rather than go through this chirade any longer.  

If I were you I'd run, run away now!   if you have a differnt option take it!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 14

Is the home hub plugged into exactly the same place as it was when you got 62Mbs?

It they fitted a filtered socket, then you can only plug the home hub (without any microfilter), ito the small RJ11 socket, otherwise it will not work.

Is your phone working?

0 Ratings
angrybird2
Beginner
Message 4 of 14

....And I have just spent a total of 1 HOUR waiting and then conversing with someone on online chat, in the complaints department.   An HOUR!!!   

0 Ratings
LeonaR
Beginner
Message 5 of 14

I could literally do time for this company lol! I'm on the same boat after 2 months still no joy. If I'm not connected by this weekend I'm going back to sky!
0 Ratings
TeleOp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Phone working and plugged in exactly the same place. Frustrated is not the word .....
0 Ratings
angrybird2
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

How did it go LeonaR ?  

We're still not there and have no idea when we will be !!    they now want to split the connection dates of our Broadband and telephone line...   so at best a week without any broadband connection and in the meantime they will have snaffled our landline back!  

Today we had an email that is a complete LIE! (I rang up to check and they admitted it was).

It actually states that the broadband will be connected in 'up to half an hour' after telephone lie tansferrs.  A LIE!!  in an email signed off by the Managing Director of Customer Care -  WHAT A JOKE !!  I wonder what her salary is ?  because she's not doing a very good job.  

I think she actually exists, unless theyve made up a LinkedIn profile to make it look llike she does!  

LIBBY BARR you are officially failing in your job - BT does not have ANY customer service ! 

We just wanted to remind you your phone service will start tomorrow (13-Sep-2016), anytime up until midnight. We'll be in touch again to let you know when everything's ready.

Your broadband will stop working for up to half an hour while we get your BT Infinity up and running, but you don't need to be home while this is happening. You'll then be ready to connect your new BT Home Hub – which should be with you by now. If it hasn't got to you yet, you can find out where it is atbt.com/ordertracking

Need some help?

The best place to look online is at bt.com/help

If you've still got any questions, call us on 0800 800 150.

Thanks for choosing BT.

Libby Barr

0 Ratings
TeleOp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 14

I have posted about Data Integrity as it is now with them??!!

After 3 engineers; 11 days; 3 days off work; about 12 hours on the phone .... The statement on Wednesday that service ( infinity ) would be resumed in the next 24 - 48 hours has proved to be false.

The BT advisor on the phone this morning said it is a data integrity issue ..... He couldn't get anyone .... enjoy your weekend DI team!

Oh, when asked how long this would take ..... He didn't know. When asked about compensation for 11 days loss of service .... told make sure you don't leave BT of you will get nothing!

I think the most frustrating thing was after speaking to about 15 different people over 11 days we were told we just have to wait for BT to bother to text or ring us!

I hope BT listen to the countless recordings of frustrated customers like me who are, in the face of this incompetence, forced to be polite and take it.

I am also fed up of typing on my smartphone and using my mobile data in my home!

Imagine if, as I am a teacher, I decided to tell the managers and executives at BT that I couldn't give any feedback about their child at parents evening or mark any books .... could they wait for me to ring them sometime in the next few weeks..... umm not sure I would get away with that!
0 Ratings
8catolympia8
Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Oh how lucky, I gave up on the broadband help line (phone) after 1.5 hours and the chat line no action after 37 minutes
I,m trying to help an 88 year old lady (immobile) but does BT care???
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

0 Ratings