cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 20

Issue still unfixed need mod assistance!

Okay i am fed up of being pushed from one person to another when contacting BT about my issues!

I made a formal complaint and the result was someone from the technical team calling me and not having a single clue about my problem.

First of all i am getting really fed up of losing speed in the evenings because of something that is not my fault! i am not paying for these problems!

I cannot even load a 360p YouTube video while this is happening!

Secondly i am being refused the chance to speak to someone in a higher technical department or even someone English!

I am also being forced to use the Plusnet hub one supplied to me by my previous provider because the new BT "Smart" hub does nothing but crash and restart.

I want the DLM on my line reset because i am losing a chunk of my speed due to something that wasn't my fault it was an OPENREACH engineer that broke it!

I am fedup of being told my Internet is fine because i am getting the minimum speed quoted at the time of signing up.. its not fair that i had a certain speed with my previous provider and also with BT until one of Openreach's engineers broke something and then the guy that came to fix it wasn't qualified to correct the issue!

Clearly the DLM isn't going to fix itself it hasn't increased at all since the 18th of august almost a month in 7 days.

One of two things needs to be done either my DLM needs to be reset by an engineer or by Wholesale or i need to be let out of my contract so i can go elsewhere!

It's bad enough i was charged £87 when i first joined and then had nothing but problems with not even the slightest offer of compensation for my troubles.

There is more than enough proof right there that i can get 45 down and 6.5 up but yet i am restricted!

Very fed up of being fobbed off by people who know nothing about the service they are working for and customers who are paying them.

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: Issue still unfixed need mod assistance!

a DLM reset will not solve your problem if your speed drops at night and is ok during day time
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 20

i understand that because these are two separate issues.

i understand the speed dropping in the evening will likely take time to resolve but its still ridiculous that its happening.

The DLM reset is specifically because i want the speed i am paying for every other hour of the day that my connection is working and since it has nearly been a month with the speed capped by the DLM which is clearly stuck through no fault of my own but through the fault of an engineer not being able to do his job correctly.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 20

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Can you use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

can you also post the noise margin figures from your router/hub
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 20

also the DSL UPTIME
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 20

Speed on the wholesale test is wrong due to the current "congestion issue" also i believe the IP profile is wrong due to the DLM locking the line down

Lastly Current rate (dlm locked)

Max Rate (what i used to get on plusnet for over a month and with BT for atleast two weeks)

Noise Margin

Uptime is low due to switching back to plusnet hub because my hub 6 seems to break after around 4 days

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 20

Your noise margin is slightly lower than default and your IP Profile is correct for your connection speed it looks more like cross talk than any thing else and unfortunately nothing can be done there crosstalk occurs as more users come on the cabinet

also the DLM needs a stable 24/7 connection for 2/3 weeks before it will correct any drop in connection will put everything back to the beginning again
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 20

as far as im aware there is no cross talk as i stated before my speed waas fine before the engineer came out and broke my phoneline for two days.

Had the Engineer that came to fix it been trained to reset the DLM i wouldn't be having this problem right now.

My other issue is it seems the equipment i am provided in order to use my service is broken beyond belief..

If it is the case that i keep being refused to have my DLM reset then i have no choice but to hope for the best that the equipment im currently using will stay up long enough to do its job although im pretty sure nearly every BT router in existance has a problem and auto resets after 14 days therefore making it so my speed will never return

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 20

Im being told the same **bleep** about DLM that it will take weeks for it to settle down as the router was reset. But i had low

downloads long before any reset on my old hub 5 router. I have installed the new hub 6 but this still hasent improved my

download speed its still the same as it was before i changed over to the new hub 6.

Im not impressed with this service either as im paying for infinity 2 fiber and not even getting the speed of Infinity 1.

Also im Pi**ed off not being able to talk to anyone in the uk and anyone who knows what they are talking about.

Have left posts on here but still not happy with the replies i dont know if the guy called john46 is a mod or works for BT

but he told me the same as he told you got to wait for several weeks for it to settle down but i dont think this is

exceptable when paying for fast internet infinity 2 up to 75 mb and only getting equivalent to Infinity 1 up to 52 my speed is 45mbps.

This is **bleep**, if it doesnt improve ill be asking to cancell my contract for free as not getting what im paying for, or Whatch dog will be getting a call

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 20

no sorry you are very wrong I am on infinity as well and have had 6+ months without a restart on a hub 5 and currently using a hub6 that has not restarted since may this year and that was for a firmware update this link explains how the DLM works https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/FTTC-DLM-What-it-is-How-it-works/ba-p/1322799

and for steve1k's information I an neither a Mod or work for BT The mods are the only BT employees on the forum every one else is like you a BT customer
0 Ratings