cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 20

Re: Issue still unfixed need mod assistance!

Ok this is getting ridiculous now ive had over 6 calls this week about my complaint each time the lady says she will have to call me back the next day..

So today she calls me and says that a "higher up team" has requested i restart my equipment so i did so and now my speed is capped at 35000 and won't go any higher this is becoming a joke.

Everytime i tell the lady i had 46 before i joined BT and had it during the first two weeks until the engineer broke my line as explained above she just says "you are getting the guarenteed minimum blah blah"

Its not good enough anymore..

My line has been capped since atleast 8am this morning when my connection dropped for whatever reason.

I am going to attach an image of the Wan section of my router to show the speed which you can clearly see is capped as you can see my upload hasnt even changed either.

I would like to get some attention from a mod sometime because i am seriously considering leaving

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 20

I'm not considering leaving, I am leaving! BT will NEVER get my custom again with their couldn't care less attitude and terrible customer service in India.

Ofcom code of conduct will release you from your contract (significantly below speed estimate). My minimum guaranteed speed is 68 Meg, but I only get 2 Meg most of the time. Technical support are useless and so are BT Wholesale engineers, nobody has a clue how to fix the issue.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 20

Please do not misquote

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35296/~/your-line-speed-explained

Cancellation of your service will be subject to the following conditions:

• the fault must be reported within the first 90 days of your contract start date
  • speed faults will not be accepted within the first 10 days initial stabilisation period
  • all checks within your home must be completed as requested by our Helpdesk advisors
  • at least one engineer visit must be accepted if your line speed result from the BT Wholesale system speedtest* is below the Minimum Guaranteed Access Line Speed
  • BT is allowed up to 28 days to resolve the fault
  • you will be able to cease without penalty if BT is still unable to improve the speed measured by the BT Wholesale speedtest above your Minimum Guaranteed Access Line Speed.
  • the Minimum Guaranteed Speed relates to line speed only, not to download speeds
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 20

I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here most likely tomorrow now
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 20

Thanks John Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 20

Hi @supernoodles,

Thanks for getting in touch. We can certainly look into it all for you. You can reach us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. It'll take us about 5 working days to get back to you though.

Looking at your posts it looks like you're using the Plusnet Hub One. At some point, you may be asked to connect the router we supplied you with especially if we needed to send an engineer to your home.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 17 of 20

Thanks just sent in the ticket hopefully you guys can be of some help because this is becoming a joke 😞

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 18 of 20

I managed to get BT to release me from my contract today because of slow speeds at peak times, what a relief, but it took one and a half hours. Signed up to Sky, but I have switched to adsl which will be faster than BT infinity at peak times, ridiculous I know, but that is how bad the BT service is.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 20

Meanwhile in a couple of weeks time BTWholesale will have probably fixed the congestion problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 20 of 20

I mean at this point I've gotten used to the congestion and some nights i have no issue at all.

At the moment i'm more worried about the fact i'm being capped.

0 Ratings