Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 27

Re: Issue with a wifi alarm module disconnecting from BT Home Hub 5

Go to solution

@NigelCollins

I am pleased that my suggestion has helped. I often suggest using static IP adresses outside of the DHCP range for things like printers and smart TVs, as the DHCP server on all of the home hubs seems to have a mind of its own.

I an on ADSL with the original home hub 1, with the DHCP server disabled. Instead I use one of my wireless access points which has a DHCP server, to perform the function for roaming devices. All other devices in the house have static IP addresses.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 27

Go to solution
As I suggested in message 2 four days ago 😊😊
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 27

Go to solution

@licquorice wrote:
As I suggested in message 2 four days ago 😊😊

That point originally seems to be missed for some reason, which is why I repeated it again with the suggestion of a suitable IP address. Its not always obvios to people what the DHCP range of the home hub is.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 27

Go to solution

Keith, licquorice - the point wasnt missed but by that time I had already tried to do the same thing by changing the DHCP range so that it took the IP address I was using out of the range and that didnt seem to work.  So either I messed up in some way or there is a problem with the homehub when you try and define your own range.

After I had tried everything else I thought I'd reset the DCHP range to the default setting and move the ComWifi module out of the range and this time it worked (well so far).....

So thanks to both of you.  I will leave it until Monday just to make sure

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 27

Go to solution

If it still fine, then can you  mark @licquorice answer as the accepted solution. It took a while to get there, but I think you have it sorted.

Changing the DHCP range of the home hub, usually required a factory reset first, to clear out any old data, as a normal soft reset does not do that. The user.conf file is quite a persistent thing as its in flash memory.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 27

Go to solution

Final Update (Hopefully) - after moving the ComWifi to a non-DHCP IP address its all working as it should - thanks to everyone for their help.  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 27

Go to solution
😊😊
0 Ratings