cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryant704
Guru
293 Views
Message 11 of 24

Re: Issue with download speeds

I know that I'm jolly he states if the speed doesn't rise. But it will with 3/5 days connected but if he doesn't feel it, it will be due to IP profile that is stuck on the line.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
288 Views
Message 12 of 24

Re: Issue with download speeds

Ryant 704 a banded profile rarely if ever needs manual resetting as the process is controlled by the DLM the process is fully automatic unlike stuck IP Profiles on the 20cn network again a stuck IP Profile on 21cn is very unusual 

0 Ratings
ryant704
Guru
281 Views
Message 13 of 24

Re: Issue with download speeds

Neither of you are understanding where I am coming from.

 

He said if the speed doesn't rise which it will after 3/5 days the only way it won't rise is because maybe the IP profile is stuck, but that is unlikely like you said. He will be moved out of the banded profile and the IP profile causing the slow speed then...

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
270 Views
Message 14 of 24

Re: Issue with download speeds


@ryant704 wrote:

Neither of you are understanding where I am coming from.

 

He said if the speed doesn't rise which it will after 3/5 days the only way it won't rise is because maybe the IP profile is stuck, but that is unlikely like you said. He will be moved out of the banded profile and the IP profile causing the slow speed then...



I see what you mean but when banded profile releases then connection speed will increase not back to normal but better as noise margin drops.  as conenction is adsl2 ip profile will change with the conenction speed and I have not seen any where ip profile has stuck on an adsl2 connection



If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
271 Views
Message 15 of 24

Re: Issue with download speeds

The IP Profile has nothing to do with a banded profile the banding is controlled by an increase of noise margin from the normall6dB to above a noise margin of 15dB remember on 21cn (ADSL2+) Has a dynamic IP Profile of 88.2% which does not stick as did 20cn (ADSLMax)
0 Ratings
jopnew
Beginner
271 Views
Message 16 of 24

Re: Issue with download speeds

I'm even more confused now lol.

 

What do you all suggest I do. I'm happy for the help.

 

0 Ratings
ryant704
Guru
268 Views
Message 17 of 24

Re: Issue with download speeds


@imjolly wrote:

@ryant704 wrote:

Neither of you are understanding where I am coming from.

 

He said if the speed doesn't rise which it will after 3/5 days the only way it won't rise is because maybe the IP profile is stuck, but that is unlikely like you said. He will be moved out of the banded profile and the IP profile causing the slow speed then...



I see what you mean but when banded profile releases then connection speed will increase not back to normal but better as noise margin drops.  as conenction is adsl2 ip profile will change with the conenction speed and I have not seen any where ip profile has stuck on an adsl2 connection


It's possible, I've had first hand experince. This being more than once... 😛

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
264 Views
Message 18 of 24

Re: Issue with download speeds

connect to test socket and post new stats in 3/5 days no resets after connecting to test socket



If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
260 Views
Message 19 of 24

Re: Issue with download speeds


@ryant704 wrote:

@imjolly wrote:

@ryant704 wrote:

Neither of you are understanding where I am coming from.

 

He said if the speed doesn't rise which it will after 3/5 days the only way it won't rise is because maybe the IP profile is stuck, but that is unlikely like you said. He will be moved out of the banded profile and the IP profile causing the slow speed then...



I see what you mean but when banded profile releases then connection speed will increase not back to normal but better as noise margin drops.  as conenction is adsl2 ip profile will change with the conenction speed and I have not seen any where ip profile has stuck on an adsl2 connection


It's possible, I've had first hand experince. This being more than once... 😛


then none of them have posted on the forumSmiley Happy



If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jopnew
Beginner
255 Views
Message 20 of 24

Re: Issue with download speeds

Will do. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this issue.

0 Ratings