cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeilO
Message 11 of 21

Re: Issue with latest update of BT sport app

Hi loicdelebecque,

I'm sorry about the problems you've had with the BT sport app.  Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details and we'll be happy to help you get this sorted. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
StefanK
Beginner
Message 12 of 21

I do have excatly the same problem. I live in the UK, Ipad was bought in Germany, App downloaded from the UK app store, worked before...Can you post the solution, please? German Bundesliga is comming up next 😉

0 Ratings
Citemar
Beginner
Message 13 of 21

I have the same issue since i updated the app on my ipad it doesn t work same error vc003 although i m a bt broadband customer i m in london i turned on localisation tools my itunes account and other setting are setted on uk.i m not connected to a vpn. Really disappointed i guess i ll change internet provider if the issue will be not sorted out.
0 Ratings
StefanK
Beginner
Message 14 of 21

Hello Mods, hello BT,

no help around??

I am really frustrated...

0 Ratings
johnbarber
Beginner
Message 15 of 21

I've just been told BT engenders are working on it
0 Ratings
Adam000
Beginner
Message 16 of 21

Guys. I just found a solution. Set language to English. My BT Sport app is working now. Hope yours will work as well.
Adam
0 Ratings
Adam000
Beginner
Message 17 of 21

Language of your IOS system obviously
0 Ratings
JacquiT
Community Manager - Retired
Message 18 of 21

Hi All

I can pretty much mirror what Adam000 has said there, for ipads etc purchased outside of the UK English is not set as the main language, usually has the foreign spelling for English, this is something that the guys are working on, but a work around, that you can try anyway, is go to Settings > General > International > Language then change to English.

Hopefully this will fix the issue, if not it will be sorted in the next app update, which hopefully won't be too far away.

Thanks

Jacqui

BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Culter12
Beginner
Message 19 of 21

I have issue with turning on location services, on my Ipad.As a point of principle I dont want to send any info on where i am in the uk to some data centre. Why do bt sport only now require this to allow their service to be used ? BBC iplayer works just fine, and can determine that I am in Uk?
The online chat discussion I had with the helpdesk, could not tell me why they need location services turned on. It works fine on my laptop, which does not have this location facility
Does anyone else feel this is intrusive?
0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 21

@Culter12 wrote:
I have issue with turning on location services, on my Ipad.As a point of principle I dont want to send any info on where i am in the uk to some data centre. Why do bt sport only now require this to allow their service to be used ? BBC iplayer works just fine, and can determine that I am in Uk?
The online chat discussion I had with the helpdesk, could not tell me why they need location services turned on. It works fine on my laptop, which does not have this location facility
Does anyone else feel this is intrusive?

You can have location services only set to on for the BT Sport app and off for everything else. If worried then could always turn location services off except when watching BT Sport.

Your laptop IP address would most likely allow BT to know if you are in the UK or not - although this isn't foolproof.

I would assume the location services app change has been done to stop people based outwith the UK accessing sport that BT only have the UK rights to show perhaps? Although this presumably means that if one is a BT Sport subscriber who goes on holiday then you won't be able to watch sport that you are paying for.

Anyway this is just guesswork on my part.

0 Ratings