Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Issues Switching to BT

Hi all,

I was hoping someone could help point me in the correct direction for how to get my issues resolved. Currently I have a Sky Connect Broadband package and in February I placed an order online to move to BT. I included the MAC code I received from Sky with the order. My phone line switched over by the end of February but my Broadband is still with Sky.

It's been a long line of frustration and phone calls trying to get this switched over. The activation date passed with nothing happening and we were then told we had to provide a MAC code. We phoned and gave them the same MAC as before and were given a new date. The same happened again and we provided the MAC code for a 3rd time. The same result again and this time we had to get a new MAC code from Sky as the previous one had expired by this point. The next activation date passed with no contact from BT and then our order was cancelled out of the blue because we hadn't provided a MAC code! (we were even charged a cancellation fee) So we had to restart the order were given an activation date and again nothing. This time I phoned as was told that there was a Data Integrity issue behind all this and the person on the phone raised a Bridge case for it. I then got another new activation date of the 17th. Yet again this date passed with no activation and no contact from BT! I phoned yesterday and was told there had been an exchange issue that prevented the activation and that it would be active by 10pm that day.

This morning I switched on and still no BT Broadband. I've been directed to these forums by a friend who says that I'm more likely to reach a resolution than by calling in for a 10th time. Can someone please help me???

Sorry for the mega long post but I'm really quite frustrated!

Scott

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Issues Switching to BT

Once the Forum Mods have read your post they will post an invite here once you reply to them they will take personal ownership of the problem until resolved.
Do not send them a Personal Message as this is the incorrect contact method and cannot be properly tracked also the mod contacted may not be on shift for sometime and this will delay your help

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them
They will contact you personally by email or phone  

mod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Re: Issues Switching to BT

Hi Scott,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I can look into this for you. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. Once I have the details we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings